As a child, people always tell you that you shouldn't eat cookie dough as is. Well now you're an adult and you get to make your own decisions, and we're here to tell you that you can, and you SHOULD eat cookie dough.
Sure, you could go grab a roll of Pillsbury dough from the store, or you could make a semi-healthy decision, and try your hand at cooking this Vegan, Gluten Free cookie dough! Australian Youtuber Georgie Stevenson has concocted the perfect recipe that not only tastes great, but is also super health conscious!
Here's how to make them:
- 1 can chickpeas
- 4 tbsp nut butter
- 1-2 tbsp nut milk
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- handful vegan chocolate chips
1. Rise and drain chickpeas. If you see any of the shells coming off, feel free to totally remove them so that the cookie dough turns out more smooth!
2. Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a food processor. The maker of the video recommends using peanut butter as your nut butter, as it gives a doughy texture. The coconut sugar is optional, but if you have a super strong sweet tooth, you'll probably prefer it with!
3. Mix all ingredients in a food processor. Georgie says it usually takes about 30 seconds, but use your best judgment and make sure there's no large chunks left behind!
4. Add in vegan chocolate chips. Because cookie dough isn't complete without a little chocolate!