Game of Thrones has got so much going for it, but I have to admit that Olenna Tyrell has been one of my favourite Game of Thrones characters since I got hooked on - probably for the same reason I was enamoured with the Dowager Countess of Downton Abbey.
Fearless women who call a spade a spade and impart wisdom and guidance in the most sharp-tongued and witty fashion possible are my heroes, and Olenna was a damn force to be reckoned with despite her fate.
So take a stroll down memory lane to remember some of Olenna's best lines, including that utterly SAVAGE commentary she made about Geoffrey in the very last episode.
1. "I was told you were drunk, impertinent, and thoroughly debauched. You can imagine my disappointment at finding nothing but a browbeaten bookkeeper."
2. "I eat from plates stamped with roses; I sleep in sheets embroidered with roses; I have a golden rose painted on my chamber pot -- as if that makes it smell any better. Roses are boring, dear."
3. Olenna Tyrell: Gods boy, that's enough. We're not in a tavern.
Podrick Payne: Pardon, M'lady.
Olenna Tyrell: No need to speak.
4. "You look like an angry little boy. Don't presume to tell me what I need."
5. Tywin Lannister: My stomach remains quite strong, however. The only thing that might turn it are details of your grandson's nocturnal activities. Do you deny them?
Olenna Tyrell: Oh no, not at all. A sword swallower through and through.
6. "He knew how to dress and smile, and somehow this gave him the notion he was fit to be king."
7. "'Growing Strong.' Ha! The dullest words of any House. 'Winter Is Coming.' Now that's memorable. 'We Do Not Sow.' Strong, strong, those are Houses you watch out for. Direwolves, and krakens, fierce beasts... but a golden rose growing strong? Ha! That strikes fear in the heart."
8. Cersei Lannister: Well, if it isn't the famous tart-tongued, Queen of Thorns.
Olenna Tyrell: Well, if it isn't the famous tart, Queen Cersei.
9. "Walk with me. I know the walls have ears, but apparently, the shrubbery does, too."
10. "War is war, but killing a man at his wedding? Horrid. What sort of monster would do such a thing? As if men needed more reasons to fear marriage."
11. "Seduce away; it's been so long. Though I rather think it's all for naught. What happens when the non-existent bumps against the decrepit?"
12. "The last time a Tyrell came to Dorne, he was assassinated. Hundred red scorpions, was it?"
13. "He really was a c**t, wasn't he?" (Referring to Joffrey)