Single Girls Actually Have It Best On Valentine’s Day
Being single is actually the best thing on Valentine's Day 2019.
Valentine's Day is coming up soon and whether you love the holiday or hate it, this day can always remind people of how single they may feel. However, rather than seeing Valentine's Day as a reason to be upset, sad or frustrated that you're single, you should see it as a reason to celebrate. Single girls actually have it best on Valentine's Day.
It's empowering to be single and able to make your own decisions on what you want to do, not what others want to do. So on Valentine's Day, instead of having to wait for someone else to dictate what your plans will be, you get to take charge of what you want to do that day – and remember that it's not just on Valentine's Day but other days too.
Being single on Valentine's Day is no reason to be down. Instead, it's empowering. The holiday is the perfect reason to give yourself a full day of self-love and self-care. Unlike people in a relationship, you get to choose exactly what you want to do on Valentine's Day and every other day. So why not take some time to give yourself some TLC, whether it's with a nice, long bath or a rom-com movie sesh with your girl gang?
Need more proof? Here are some reasons why being single on Valentine's Day is actually the best thing ever:
- You can do whatever you want to do without asking anyone for their opinion or permission
- You can hang out with your gal pals because friends are for life (cue Cheetah Sisters by The Cheetah Girls)
- You have way more time for yourself because you're not spending all this time and effort trying to plan the perfect Valentine's Day date
- You don't need to spend tons of money and time on a gift for a boy
- You don't have to be disappointed when your date doesn't live up to your expectations, because let's be real, more often than not Valentine's Day dates do not live up to the romantic pressures
- You don't have to live up to any high expectations or pressures
- You can spend the day to work on yourself and do what you want, not what someone else wants
- You don't have to try to snag reservations at restaurants or wait a long time in line in the busy Valentine's Day mess
- You can eat all the chocolate for yourself and don't have to share with a boy – especially when it all goes on sale after Valentine's Day
- You don't have to dress up for someone else, you can be as cozy or fancy as you want on Valentine's Day
- You don't have to stress about posting the perfect Valentine's Day Instagram shot and competing with other couples
- You don't have to deal with all the awkward PDA at restaurants and date spots on Valentine's Day
- You can watch all the cheesy romcoms you want without a boyfriend complaining about it
So this Valentine's Day, make a pact to yourself to celebrate the fact that you're a single gal who's out there living her best life. You don't need a man to make it happen. After all, who run the world? Girls.
So why not celebrate the fact that you get to spend Valentine's Day with the best group of people you know – you and your girl gang. Here's to all the single ladies this Valentine's Day 2019! You're worth celebrating today and every day.