In a tragic series of events, a 7-year-old Canadian girl from Granby died from her injuries after she was reportedly found in poor condition after her father and step-mother mistreated her. Since the girl's passing on Tuesday, both suspects have appeared in court yet no murder chargers have been laid. They are expected back in court at the end of this month.  

Warning: This article contains graphic content that might not be suitable for some readers.

Yesterday, Narcity reported on the incident where the 7-year-old girl from Grandby was found in poor condition under the care of her father and step-mother. She was found by police on Monday before spending the last 24 hours of her life in critical condition in a nearby hospital. 

It is reported that the girl was found after she was locked in her room, tied and gagged for hours. Allegedly, the girl was bound because she was too agitated. 

After the girl was discovered in critical condition, charges of both kidnapping and aggravated assault were laid against the step-mother, while the father was charged with unlawful confinement. The girl was still alive at the time of their arrest.

Given that the victim has since died though, there were talks of whether murder charges would be introduced. Both suspects appeared in court this morning, Thursday, May 2, but neither the father or step-mother are facing new charges in the death of the 7-year-old girl. This means that, so far no murder charges have been laid. 

According to Jaela Bernstien from CBC, both suspects were calm during their court appearance. Yet, the prosecution objected their release. 

As for talk of murder charges, the Prosecutor's office spokesperson, Jean-Pascal Boucher stated that the investigation to the 7-year-old girl's death is still ongoing and there may be a possibility of more charges being pressed in the future.

Canadians have also taken to Twitter to express their concern over the lack of charges and also the possible lack of action from officials prior to this tragic incident. 

Quebec has also announced that they are launching a public coroner's inquest into the death of the 7-year-old girl after authorities failed to prevent this incident from occurring. 

Right now, the identity of both subjects and the victim is not being released. Both suspects are expected to appear back in court on May 23.