It is going to be a frustrating morning commute for GO transit riders on Tuesday morning. A series of signal issues on Lakeshore West is causing train delays of up to 50 minutes on the popular transit line. According to Metrolinx, the problem started around 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 3, 2020, and is impacting eastbound service.

“There is an ongoing signal issue that is impacting eastbound service this morning. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. The Lakeshore West line may experience delays up to 50 minutes, and there may be cancellations and adjustments,” reads a service update on Metrolinx’s website.

The signal issues are affecting numerous GO transit schedules, including Union Station and Hamilton GO, which are both experiencing long delays.

Although the signal issues are affecting the Lakeshore West Line, Lakeshore East passengers are also being warned about a technical issue involving its departure boards.

GO Transit passengers. We are currently experiencing a technical issue with our departure boards at Union Station. Please listen carefully for the announcements being made with trip and platform information. We appreciate your patience while we are working on resolving the issue,” read a tweet by Lakeshore East Train.

Lakeshore West’s twitter account has since become flooded with complaints from stranded customers.

“Do you think you maybe need to increase your morning eastbound service, given the absolute carnage that occurs when a train is late or cancelled? Stopping an already crammed express train is not helpful,” wrote one traveller.

“When you’ve been stuck between Hamilton Go and Aldershot for an hour,” added another.

Lakeshore West later updated its customer announcing they had “made progress” regarding the signal issues.

However, it also noted that hour-long delays are still to be expected across the Lakeshore West Line.

GO Transit service has been off to rough start this week.

Lakeshore West routes were suspended on Monday after a fatality occurred on track level. The tragic incident reportedly occurred near Port Credit GO station in Mississauga.

Start the Conversation
Account Settings
Log Out