London Police have shared an image of a razor that was lodged into a Mars chocolate bar found in a boy's Halloween candy. They are urging parents to check their kids' candy as thoroughly as possible, and have shared the general location of where the boy was trick-or-treating. The razor found in Halloween candy has not been the first time something like this has happened this season.
It seems as if sharp objects in Halloween candy has become an ongoing problem this season. Just last week, a sewing needle was recently found in a chocolate bar in Barrie as well.
Although a needle is easy to poke through a chocolate bar while going unnoticed, it is puzzling as to how a razor could have ended up inside a packaged candy.
London police are still in the early stages of investigating this, and there are few answers so far.
The teen boy who received the candy believes that he got it somewhere in the Wortley Village area of London.
He said that it could have been from Wortley Road, Langarth Street East, Wharncliffe Road South, or Victor Street area. Luckily, he was not injured.
The full location of the perimeter that the teen covered can be seen below, and anyone who has trick-or-treated in the area should take extra caution when opening their candy.
Not much else is known about this at the time, as the investigation is still underway, and in the early stages. This was only reported to the police yesterday.
Needles have been a super common occurrence in the past, but razors are another level.
In fact, just last year, six candy bars had been found with needles in the North Bay area.
Police are asking anyone with information to call the London Police Service at (519) 661-5670 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). Information can also be sent in on-line anonymously to www.londoncrimestoppers.com