Earlier this month, a video surfaced showing a mother getting assaulted on a playground. Previously, a 13-year-old girl ended up being charged in relation to the incident. Now, another teenager is facing the consequences. In relation to the Saskatoon playground attack, a 13-year-old boy was charged with assault. 

This article contains graphic content that might not be suitable for some readers. This article includes violent video and excessive violence. 

On May 20, a Saskatchewan woman, Bonnie Halcrow, was assaulted during a playground visit with her 10-year-old daughter. CTV shared obtained footage of the incident. 

The video showed Halcrow being attacked by four kids at Pleasant Hill Park in Saskatoon. The kids are heard laughing as the mother tries to defend and protect herself from the assault. She sustained minor injuries from the incident, according to police. 

Saskatoon Police have now charged a number of individuals in relation to the incident. The 13-year-old boy is the second to be charged – a 13-year-old girl also charged last week with two counts of assault

"A 13-year-old male has been charged with Assault and Breach of Undertaking in relation to the incident on May 20, 2019," says Saskatoon police in their news statement, which was released on Wednesday. 

The investigation is ongoing. Although there were several others involved in the attack, they will not be charged due to their age. "A number of other youth involved have been identified as being involved, however because they are under the age of 12, no charges will be laid," reads the news release. 

A bystander who was at the Saskatoon park reading a book captured the video of the attack. He told CTV News that the group of kids involved in the assault were also throwing rocks at people in the park. 

Disclaimer: This cover photo was used for illustrative purposes only.

Comments are now closed.
Account Settings
Notifications
Favourites
Share Feedback
Log Out

Register this device to receive push notifications