There's just some things all Ottawans have to do in their lifetime. Even though we're considered to be the biggest small town in the world and even the city that fun forgot, there's a long list of Ottawa essentials that need to be crossed off all of our bucket lists. No excuses.
If Queen Latifah was going to be celebrating her last holiday in Ottawa, she wouldn't be running out of things to do. She'd probably wipe out while skiing at Camp Fortune and have high tea at the Chateau Laurier.
Unleash your inner Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman and cross off these bucket list items with your squad:
1. Celebrate Canada Day on Parliament Hill.
2. Have a drunk, late-night breakfast at Zak's.
3. Treat yourself to a spa day at Nordik.
4. Eat a heavenly sandwich at La Bottega.
5. Embrace the cold and spend a day outside at Winterlude.
6. Take a walk through the Mer Bleue Bog.
7. Ride a double decker OC Transpo bus.
8. Take a hike around Pink Lake or one of Gatineau's many other picturesque lakes.
9. Get a selfie with Mayor Jim Watson.
10. And a selfie with Justin Trudeau, if you haven't already.
11. But definitely don't forget to take a photo with one of the royal guards at Rideau Hall.
12. Spend a night at the haunted jail hostel.
13. Take a dip in the hidden Rockcliffe Pond.
14. Skate on the Canal.
15. Bitch about the OC Transpo with someone else.
16. Visit the eerie ruins of the Carbide Wilson Mill.
17. Ski down the slopes of Camp Fortune or one of Gatineau's many other ski hills.
18. Have an ice cream cone at Sweet Jesus.
19. Eat a BeaverTail.
20. Get cultured at the National Art Gallery.
21. Watch Carleton beat the Gee Gees at the Panda Game (oops, bias).
22. Eat a shawarma at Shawarma Palace or one of the many, many other shawarma places in the so-called, "Shawarma Capital of Canada."
23. Try this outrageous milkshake.
24. Explore the Lusk Caves.
25. Have a free birthday dinner at Tucker's Marketplace.
26. Do yoga on Parliament Hill.
27. Eat a legendary poutine from Fritomania.
28. Hike to the top of King Mountain.
29. Have a drink on the rooftop patio at El Furniture Warehouse.
30. Enjoy some delicious Mediterranean food at the Ottawa Greek Fest in August.
31. And pig out at Ottawa's Rib Fest.
32. Snap a pic at Nepean Point.
33. Visit the infamous Rideau Street McDonald's.
34. Take a jog along the Canal through Ottawa. The whole 7.8km. No cheating!
35. Face your fears and jump off the highest bungee cord in Canada.
36. Explore the nuclear-era Diefenbunker.
37. Visit the cat cafe in Chelsea.
38. And the all-new dog cafe on Bank Street.
39. Watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Mayfair.
40. Get a manicure and cocktail at J'adore Beauty Bar & Lounge.
41. Grab some scones at the SconeWitch.
42. Trick or Treat at Rideau Hall.
43. Take a bike ride along the Rockcliffe Parkway.
44. Take the elevator to the top of the Peace Tower.
45. Camp out at one of these adorable rustic cabins in Gatineau Park.
46. Build your own custom donut at Maverick's.
47. Go to Bluesfest.
48. Take an obligatory pic with the tulips at the Tulip Festival.
49. Have a picnic at Major's Hill Park.
50. Enjoy a cheap wing night at one of these spots.
51. Get a plate of one of The King Eddy's legendary chicken and waffles.
52. Eat a bagel at Kettleman's.
53. Spend a day at Calypso Water Park.
54. Or skip the crowds and go to Mont Cascades.
55. Eat a burger pocket at The Flying Banzini.
56. Visit a sinkhole.
57. Try a Nitro Brew at the fancy Starbucks in the ByWard Market.
58. Devour the buffalo chicken mac at Flapjack's.
59. Ride Ottawa's only indoor roller coaster at Funhaven.
60. Jump out of a plane at Parachute GO Skydive.
61. Watch a Sens game at the Canadian Tire Centre.
62. Toboggan down Green's Creek.
63. Skate through this 3km winter wonderland outside Gatineau Park.
64. Have a cup of Bridgehead coffee.
65. Visit the famous crazy kitchen at the Science and Tech Museum (if you didn't go there on a field trip already).
66. Take a drive down Taffy Lane during Christmas time.
67. Explore some Slavic culture and try some perogies at Ottawa Perogies.
68. Observe in awe at the beauty of Notre Dame Cathedral Basilica.
69. Spend a day at the beach at Petrie Island (just don't go in the water, please).
70. Take a pic at the Andaz ByWard Market rooftop.
71. Visit Upper Canada Village around Christmas.
72. Hike around the Mackenzie King Estate.
73. Drink some high tea at the Chateau Laurier.
74. Watch a RedBlacks game at TD Place.
75. Go kayaking at Dow's Lake.
76. Take part in the Army Run.
77. Spend a day exploring the wall art in the Glebe.
78. Grab a cup of hot chocolate at Origin Trade.
79. Check out this weird consignment shop and bar.
80. Play some pinball and eat some perogies at the House of TARG.
81. Have a poutine at the Elgin Street Diner.
82. Buy an old-school vinyl at the Record Centre.
83. Eat a burger at Hintonburger.
84. Watch a show at the NAC.
85. Take the Haunted Walk of Ottawa on Sparks Street.
86. Sit on the piano chair at the Oscar Peterson statue.
87. Dress up for Ottawa Comic Con.
88. Celebrate St. Patrick's Day at The Heart and Crown in the ByWard Market.
89. Take a picture at the Wakefield Bridge.
90. Try Ottawa's first Chipotle.
91. Eat an Obama Cookie.
92. Take a roll of the dice at the Casino du Lac Leamy.
93. Walk through the Carleton University tunnels.
94. Take a road trip to Perth.
95. Throw a coin into the Centennial Flame.
96. Visit the Cumberland Heritage Village (if you didn't celebrate prom there already).
97. Play some board games at The Loft.
98. Cross the Quebec border from Ottawa on the Alexandra Bridge.
99. Take a bathroom selfie at Tomo.
100. Grab a drink at the Chelsea Pub.
101. Watch the sunset at Champlain Lookout.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcityottawa