Sometimes, just one entree isn't enough. We've all been there.
I don't know who created the concept of buffets, but I do know I'm very thankful that they did. From birthdays to special occasions to just regular days when you're extra hungry, buffets have always been the best way to treat yourself with family and friends.
We all know there's only one thing better than food - unlimited quantities of it. Thankfully, Ottawa manages to pull through with an international variety of all-you-can-eat spots.
Here are 8 buffets in Ottawa you need to try.
1. Tucker's Marketplace // 61 York Street[embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/BCUf8dDgJ1A/?taken-at=216625617&hl=en[/embed]
The downtown favourite. Tucker's wide selection and convenient Byward Market location make it a popular Ottawa buffet staple. From stir fries, to seafood, to an entire dessert bar, Tucker's pretty much has it all covered. (For all the broke students reading - make sure you hit Tucker's up on your birthday for your free meal)
2. 168 Sushi Japanese Buffet // Multiple Locations[embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/0YbUcCwsSa/?taken-by=eastindiacompanyrestaurants&hl=en[/embed]
All-You-Can-Eat and Sushi are the ideal OTP. 168, with two locations across the city, is known for their extensive menu and high quality sushi. The prices are reasonable with other sushi places (around $15 per person), and both locations offer Japanese and Chinese options.
3. East India Company Restaurant // 210 Somerset St. West[embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/ruoQ-tF3R2/?taken-at=1079728&hl=en[/embed]
A standard in Ottawa's Indian food scene - East India offers both a la carte and daily buffets for lunch and dinners. Along with their intricate decor, they have a full salad bar, chutneys, over 17 entrees, and their Indian dessert bar. If you're in the mood to try something new, this is the place for you.
4. Mandarin Restaurant // 2055 Tenth Line Road[embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/BJis1oKgnjy/?taken-at=234690628&hl=en[/embed]
Mandarin is like the Kardashian of buffets, basically. With two locations in Ottawa, the franchise is especially known for their trademark variety of over 150 options. I shouldn't even have to give you another reason to go. Why haven't you gone yet?
5. The Green Door Restaurant // 198 Main Street[embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/BKjtQq2BWIL/?taken-at=6267520&hl=en[/embed]
The Vegetarian staple. The Green Door is a self serve, pay by weight buffet with a seasonal and organic menu. While most people always think buffets and overeating greasy food goes together, The Green Door is here to remind us that going out and eating clean is still possible and delicious.
6. Le Buffet Des Continents// 4 Gare-Talon, Gatineau[embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/BFH8lkRgxLw/?taken-at=551853&hl=en[/embed]
Every buffet lover's dream. Le Buffet is a huge space filled with different cuisines of vast variety, and it's a perfect spot to hit up with friends and family. This buffet needs to be on every Ottawa food bucket list. Period.
7. Rideau Carleton Raceway //4837 Albion Road[embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/BKqg8P3DRc_/?taken-at=784303478338325&hl=en[/embed]
With over 100 items, the buffet here offers a special price of only $11.99 per person from Mondays to Wednesdays. Aside from their amazing panoramic view of the race track, they also serve their own seafood buffet, a Sunday brunch buffet, and a family buffet price on race nights.
8. ViVa International Buffet //570 Kanata Avenue
Around the world in one spot. ViVa's chefs bring together Italian, Mexican, Asian, Mediterranean, Indian, and Canadian/American cuisine along with vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options. They're also the only buffet in Ottawa that serves Halal Chicken, and are open for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.
Follow us on Snapchat:narcityottawa