When you go to uOttawa, your campus is basically all of downtown, so much so that the Rideau Centre is a second home (and cafeteria).
As midterm season is underway, the libraries on campus are getting filled up with overnighters, in-between-class studiers, and 10-minutes-before-exam crammers. No matter which one of them you are, it's safe to say that studying at conventional campus spots gets harder as the closer we get to the end of the semester.
If you're looking for a solution, here are 8 spots, either on or close to uOttawa campus, for your next study sesh.
1. Fauteaux Hall // uOttawa campus[embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/BLv9UZ1jjoK/?taken-at=245191349&hl=en[/embed]
While this building is home to the Law faculty, their study spots have lots of natural lighting, tables, and comfortable couches.
2. SITE // uOttawa campus[embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/BBWgpWVtWbU/?taken-at=238918529&hl=en[/embed]
One of the newer buildings on campus, SITE almost always has a free table to grab to study at. The productivity here is definitely worth the long walk from Laurier.
3. FSS // uOttawa campus[embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/BKHH551DDLQ/?taken-at=252752958&hl=en[/embed]
Probably the prettiest building on campus. FSS has study spaces and classrooms (that you can use when they're free) all over the building - not to mention one of the best views of the city from their top floor.
4. DMS Student Lounge // uOttawa Campus[embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/16Bm5TGbdc/?taken-at=4648246&hl=en[/embed]
DMS is home to the Telfer school, but their lounge is open to any student at uOttawa. Take advantage of it.
5. Cafe Alt. // uOttawa Campus[embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/BLrsr09FhKr/?taken-at=1019578704&hl=en[/embed]
uOttawa's own student run cafe, in the basement of Simard building, is the perfect place to stop by for a quick study break between classes.
6. Origin Trade // 111 York St.[embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/BLM1zU5B3gB/?taken-at=2179146&hl=en[/embed]
Only a 10 minute walk from campus, Origin has a wide variety of beverages and food to supplement your studying.
7. The Tea Party Cafe // 119 York St.[embed]https://www.instagram.com/p/BCnVyQRvWbR/?taken-at=240345988&hl=en[/embed]
Nearly every kind of tea imaginable and free wifi? A must-try. The Tea Party Cafe, located close to Origin Trade, is only a 10 minute walk from campus.
8. Bluebird Coffee // 261 Dalhousie St.
Another downtown coffee gem // Bluebird has a large seating space and convenient downtown location.
Follow us on Snapchat:narcityottawa