To say that plant-based meats are having a bit of a moment right now would be a serious understatement. Everywhere you go, Beyond Meat is on the menu, whether it's in a sandwich, a sub, or a burger — but meat alternatives don't stop between the bun.
Beyond Meat has partnered with Panago Pizza (which has several locations in Ottawa) to bring us delicious, cheesy, mouthwatering plant-based pizzas. Panago is Canada's first take-out and delivery pizza company to offer the yummy meat alternative as a topping.
Currently, Panago's plant-based menu offers the following options for vegans and vegetarians alike:
- Plant-based Spicy HawaiianSweet and smoky tropical sauce, meat-free pepperoni, hot banana peppers, jalapeño peppers, chilli flakes, pineapple, and dairy-free Daiya ® Mozzarella Flavoured Shreds.
- Plant-based MediterraneanOrganic tomato sauce, meat-free pepperoni, kalamata olives, red peppers, baby spinach leaves, roasted garlic, fire-roasted tomatoes, and dairy-free Daiya ® Mozzarella Flavoured Shreds.
- Plant-based Deluxe PepperoniOrganic tomato sauce, meat-free pepperoni, black olives, green peppers, red onions, and dairy-free Daiya ® Mozzarella Flavoured Shreds.
- Plant-based Beyond Spicy CalabreseOrganic tomato sauce, chilli flakes, Beyond Meat ® Italian sausage crumble, red onions, red peppers, fire-roasted tomatoes, hot banana peppers, and dairy-free Daiya ® Mozzarella Flavoured Shreds.
- Plant-based Beyond Summer BBQBBQ sauce, Beyond Meat ® Italian sausage crumble, red onions, roasted corn medley seasoned with onions, red and green peppers, jalapeño peppers, and dairy-free Daiya ® Mozzarella Flavoured Shreds.
- Gardein ® Breaded Chick'n TendersMade with plant-based proteins, this 8-piece pack of breaded tenders includes the new vegan Sweet Mustard Dip.
The new addition to the menu is a huge move for the Canadian company's ongoing commitment to sustainability. They already use 100% organic tomato sauce, 100% Canadian wheat, and no artificial colours or flavours. Oh, and they even offer Organic Gluten Smart Crust!
For non-veggies, Panago offers a variety of meats raised without the use of antibiotics, like ham, pepperoni, salami, grilled chicken, steak, and ground beef. They also have fire-grilled wings, chicken bites, and a variety of desserts.
Head to one of Panago's several Ottawa locations to try out the new plant-based pizza. They have locations on Bank Street (right across from the historic Mayfair Theatre), one just a few blocks down from the Rideau Centre mall in the heart of the city, and another in the rapidly growing Barrhaven area, at the CitiGate Plaza.