A BC Man Is In A Coma After Trying To Stop A Sexual Assault — And Getting Beaten For It

One person has been charged.
A BC Man Is In A Coma After Trying To Stop A Sexual Assault — And Getting Beaten For It

A man in Penticton, British Columbia is currently fighting for his life after the unthinkable happened while out with his friends. According to local authorities, the man was assaulted by two unknown men while at a beach. The assault caused the man to be placed in a medically induced coma following immediate brain surgery. RCMP have charged one suspect in connection to the Penticton beach assault.

On May 3rd, 2019, Bradley Eliason was visiting a local beach. Eliason was allegedly having a bonfire with a group of friends when a vicious assault occurred.

Chelsea Townend, Eliason’s wife, recounted the situation to CBC. According to Townend, two unknown men approached the group during their bonfire and started bothering some of the younger people attending the get-together. 

According to Townend, one of the unknown men allegedly tried to take off a girl's shirt. That is when Eliason intervened. 

Soon after Eliason approached the men, a verbal altercation ensued and eventually, it moved onto the sidewalk near the beach. This is when the man punched Eliason so hard, he fell to the ground and hit his head on the pavement. 

Eliason was rushed to the hospital and later taken to the Kelowna General Hospital where he underwent brain surgery. In a public Facebook post, Townend said the surgery was due to brain swelling. 

Shortly after the surgery, Eliason was placed in a medically induced coma. While Townend has stated that he is stable and the swelling has gone down, the next few days are critical for his recovery. 

“He still remains in a fight for his life and his future. The next few days will bring the unknown. We are praying and believing for a miracle that god above will bring him back to us,” writes Townend. 

According to CBC, 21-year-old Thomas Kruger-Allen was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, sexual assault, and two counts of common assault. 

Following the scary incident, a GoFundMe campaign has been set up. As of publication time, the GoFundMe has raised $1,945 out of its $5,000 goal.

[rebelmouse-image 25934581 photo_credit="GoFundMe" expand=1 original_size="750x499"]

According to the fundraiser, the money will go to Townend and Eliason as they are both not working at this time and are unsure when they will be able to return. 

More from Narcity

Comments 💬

Our comment section is a place to promote self-expression, freedom of speech and positivity. We encourage discussion and debate, but our pages must remain a safe space where everyone feels comfortable and the environment is respectful.

In order to make this possible, we monitor comments to keep spam, hate speech, violence, and vulgarity off our pages. Comments are moderated according to our Community Guidelines.

Please note that Narcity Media does not endorse the opinions expressed in the comment section of an article. Narcity Media has the right to remove comments, ban or suspend any user without notice, or close a story’s comment section at any time.

First and last names will appear with each comment and the use of pseudonyms is prohibited. By commenting, you acknowledge that Narcity Media has the right to use & distribute your content across our properties.