Larsen's lawyer, Calvin Barry, told Narcity that Larsen is no longer a suspect and that at most he may be a witness to the assault.
Barry said Larsen gave a statement to the police on Friday and following that statement his private investigator told him "that the officer in charge said he is no longer a suspect."
Larsen was suspended from the Ottawa Redblacks because of his alleged connection to the attack.
Toronto police did not confirm whether or not Larsen was previously a suspect or if he had been cleared. Police told Narcity that they "would not speculate on those alleged to be involved, or not involved until charges have been laid and investigators have established the full facts with evidence to support it."
The alleged aggravated assault took place on June 5, when David Gomez, 24, was walking home from Hanlan's Point.
In a recent press release, Toronto police confirmed that a 24-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman were walking to the ferry docks when they became involved in a disagreement with a group of people.
This escalated to a man from the group making homophobic remarks towards the two victims and two men from the group physically assaulting the 24-year-old man, leaving him with severe injuries.