It's finally that time of the weekend again! And this weekend is going to be a special one due to the hot summer weather despite our transition into fall.
So if you want to enjoy in all it's Toronto glory one last time (hopefully not for the last time), then take advantage of your free time this weekend and check out all of the cool things that are happening in the city!
What Are You Looking For?
For Friday Click "Next"Friday Saturday
1. Toronto Shorts International Film Festival @ The AGO // 317 Dundas St. W
Don't miss this epic short film festival as hundreds of short films are premiered and screened at the AGO. Films are both local and from around the world, and if you can't make it on Friday you have until Sunday to catch a screening!
2. Dali x Yorkville Village @ Yorkville Village // 55 Avenue Rd.
This small gallery inspired by the great artist Dalì will be on display in Yorkville Village until the end of the month. The weather is great to pay a short visit and admire some classic art!
3. Toronto Beer Week @ Various Locations
Toronto Beer Week concludes in the city, and be sure to take part in the festivities during the final two days of the festival happening on Friday and Saturday. Check out which bars are participating and hit up the one of your choice!
4. Sundown Music Festival // 20 Polson St.
The Ryerson Student's Union is back with another awesome concert to treat the students of Toronto. The Sundown music festival features headliners Miguel and Joey Bada$$ taking to the stage for the season's last music festival.
5. Ali Wong Standup at JFL 42 @ Winter Garden Theatre // 189 Yonge St.
Don't miss this standup comedy queen as she takes the stage at the Winter Garden Theatre for two days! Expect tons of laughs until your stomach hurts when Ali starts cracking the jokes!
For Saturday Click "Next"
6. Queen West Art Crawl @ Trinity Bellwoods Park // 790 Queen St. W
The Queen West Art Crawl takes over Trinity Bellwoods Park, and a portion of Queen West as all of the art featured on the strip is displayed through local vendors. Come by and admire art, and purchase artsy goods handcrafted by locals.
7. Invictus Games Opening Ceremony @ Air Canada Centre // 40 Bay St.
The Invictus Games kicks off with an opening ceremony at the Air Canada Centre. Don't miss this huge ceremony featuring an appearance by Prince Harry and featuring performances by Alessia Cara, Sara McLachlan and more!
8. Kidney Walk // 1873 Bloor St. W
This walk to support Kidney health happens in Toronto on Saturday. Register to take part in the walk and all proceeds go towards Kidney health research, have a good time and support a great cause!
9. Francophone Music Festival @ Various Venues
The Francophone Music festival takes over the city at different venues! The festival features a series of free and paid concerts all of which are celebrating Francophone culture and music in Toronto.
10. Etsy: Made In Canada @ MaRS Discovery District // 101 College St.
Don't miss this exciting vendor marketplace held by Etsy Canada. The marketplace features tons of Etsy vendors selling handcrafted items feature don the popular site Etsy.
For Sunday Click "Next"Sunday
11. The Word On The Street Festival @ Harbourfront Centre // 235 Queens Quay W
Calling all book lovers! Stop by the Word On The Street Festival to grab an amazing read and discover everything related to the love of books! This festival runs for one day only!
12. Downsview Park Orchard Party @ Downsview Park // 35 Carl Hall Rd.
It's an apple picking party! Come out to the Downsview Park Orchard Party and grab some apples and good times! Make it a fun day of apple picking for the fam or the squad!
13. Great Lakes Water Walk @ Marilyn Bell Park // 1095 Lakeshore Blvd. W
The Great Lakes Water Walk is happening in Toronto, starting at various locations to meet in the middle near the Lakeshore. Find your closest start and take part in this scenic walk to join Indigenous elders for a traditional walk by the water.
14. Paradise In The Park Toronto @ Woodbine Park // 1695 Queen St. E
Electronic music takes over Woodbine Park as this festival stops by Toronto for the first time! Don't miss underground great like Dubfire, Doc Martin, Nathan Barato and lineup curator and producer Jamie Jones!
15. Feist @ Massey Hall // 178 Victoria St.
Don't miss this popular singer-songwriter as she takes to the stage to perform some of her classic songs. This one is definitely going to take you back to 2007!