Wow guys - what is up with all this snow in Toronto this week?! Of course, we shouldn't really be surprised as it's just another typical Toronto winter... however, you might be feeling the need to escape the cold or break out of the homebody routine you've been fostering at home all throughout this snowy week.
If that's the case, then we've got just the right suggestions for you to get you out of that wintery slump! Stay warm and stay safe this weekend, everyone!
1. Skate along to the music under the holiday lights at Natrel Rink for a free DJ Skate Night on Saturday with DJ Austra AKA Katie Stelmanis.
2. Escape to the wizarding world once again with Potted Potter, a 70-minute Mirvish theater production of all seven Harry Potter books!
3. Spend happy hour at the absolute oldest pub in Toronto, built in 1849 and still proudly serving Torontonians.
4. Be amazed by The Illusionists, the record-breaking magic show that has toured on Broadway astounding audiences around the world.
5. Throw on your ugly Christmas sweater and join Hot Docs for their annual presentation of Home Alone: Quote-Along, hosted by comedian Gillian Bartolucci.
6. Taste-test the new limited edition Starbucks holiday frappucino, only available until the end of this weekend.
7. If you love beer and you love improv comedy, put the two together for an unforgettable night called BeerProv at Comedy Bar.
8. Attend the One LUV Benefit Concert in collaboration with TD Canada Trust and help feed homeless LGBTQ+ people during the holiday season.
9. Stay out of the cold and spend a day immersed in the arts at these free art galleries in Toronto.
10. Venture out to Liberty Village for the annual Toronto Vegan Winter Market, an indoor holiday market showcasing some of the best local vegan businesses.
11. Fulfill your love of all things Kanye at Yeezy Taught Me, a tribute night at The Drake Hotel on Sunday night - the night he was supposed to perform in Toronto before canceling his tour.
12. See if you can find your new bae at these places where all the hottest Toronto men hang out.
13. Grab your girls for HIGH POWER: Holiday Presence, a night of hip hop, soca, reggae, and dancehall presented by the Manifesto Festival at Miss Thing's.
14. Visit the Crown Flora Holiday Market 2016 this weekend only for an assortment of sweet treats, fashion and gorgeous floral arrangements.
15. Defy the cold and indulge in some halo halo AKA traditional Filipino ice cream at Max's Restaurant for under $10!
16. Celebrate the end of the year with the 22nd annual BLOWUP Dance Party featuring British indie, Britpop and mod tunes at the newly renovated Velvet Underground.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto