3 Calgary Pride Events That You Can't Miss This Year
It's going to be one for the books!
It's finally that time of year.kicks off in the city on Friday. Get ready to whip out your pride flags, dress in your most colourful outfits and join in on the celebrations. Calgary Pride will take place from Aug. 23-Sept. 1
From a river float to burlesque shows to the Rocky Horror Picture Show, you simply need to attend. Calgary Pride will start off with the Pride Flag Raising at City Hall at 12 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 23. After the flag is flying, Pride has officially begun! Here are some of the biggest Pride events taking place this week in Calgary that you need to check out this year.
Pride In The Park
When: Sunday, Sept. 1, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Address: Prince’s Island Park, 698 Eau Claire Ave. SW, Calgary
Why You Need To Go: Head over to Prince’s Island Park and enjoy tons of entertainment on the main stage, a beer garden by Village Beer, a Palm Bay Lounge featuring burlesque shows, a marketplace, a wellness oasis, food trucks, and more.
Calgary Pride Raft On The Bow
Price: Free or ranging depending on raft rentals
When: Saturday, Aug. 24, 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Address: The Paddle Station, 5227 13 Ave. NW, Calgary
Why You Need To Go: Join a spectacular day of rafting the Bow River with your fellow Calgarians. You can rent a Pride Weekend raft, SUP, or kayak from Paddle Station or bring your own. Kick back and enjoy the float!
Calgary Pride Parade
When: Sunday, Sept. 1, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Address: Parade Start Point, 421 6 Ave. SE, Calgary
Why You Need To Go: This is the most colourful event of the year, Calgary! Watch or match with the Calgary Pride Parade in an energetic, vibrant show of love and support for Calgary’s LGBTQ2+ community.
On top of these three massive events, there are countless other things to do during Pride week in Calgary. Whether you're into dancing, literature, film, food, or all of the above, there's something for you.
Here are some of the events you need to check out:
- Aug. 23, 12:00 p.m. - Calgary Pride Flag Raising
- Aug. 23, 6:00 p.m. - Finding Bobbi Documentary Viewing
- Aug. 24, 11:00 a.m. - Calgary Pride Raft on The Bow River
- Aug. 24-25, Pride In Memorial Park
- Aug. 23, 1:00 p.m. - Reading with Royalty
- Aug. 24, 9:30 p.m. - Beyond Burlesque
- Aug. 25, 1:00 p.m. Reading with Royalty
- Aug. 26, 6:00 p.m. - Pride All Ages Bar Night
- Aug. 27, 6:00 p.m. - Moontricks Concert
- Aug. 29, 7:00 p.m. - Eat North resents Sashay, Fillet!
- Aug. 30, 9:00 p.m. - 50 Shades Of Colour KiKi Vogue Ball
- Sept. 1, 10:00 a.m. - Pride In The Park
- Sept. 1, 11:00 a.m. - Pride Parade
- Sept. 1, 6:00 p.m. Official Closing Party
- Sept. 1, 11:30 p.m. - Rocky Horror Picture Show
For more information on these events, click here.
This is going to be fabulous, inspiring, and oh-so-special. Happy Pride week, Calgary!