There will be an 11:45 p.m. closing time at seven Toronto outdoor pools on Monday evening because of the sweltering heat. This is an occasion that only happens when Environment Canada issues a heat warning that lasts for three days or more. What better way to make the most out of the uncomfortable mugginess than to take advantage of extended pool hours?
The link provided in the tweet above does not make it easy to find the seven pools that will be open. Luckily for you, we've dug a little deeper to find the locations so that you don't have to.
Below is a list of the participating pools:
1. Alex Duff Pool, 779 Crawford St.
2. Giovanni Caboto Pool, 1369 St. Clair Ave. W.
3. McGregor Park, 2231 Lawrence Ave. E.
4. Monarch Park, 115 Felstead Ave.
5. Parkway Forest, 55 Forest Manor Rd.
6. Smithfield Park, 175 Mount Olive Dr.
7. Sunnyside Park/Gus Ryder Pool, 1755 Lake Shore Blvd. W.
Keep in mind that the extended hours are only valid weather permitting. That means that if it spontaneously starts to storm, which is not uncommon in such heat, the pools will close.
Get there as soon as you can to take maximum advantage of this rare occasion!