I think we can all agree that 2016 was a shit show, so it's no surprise that 2017 is already looking pretty good. To keep things positive we have searched for a few awesome things that have happened in the last 3 days in Canada, and we wanted to share them with you!
This list is for those of you who need a little cheering up on this gloomy Tuesday. So, for those of you who are skeptical about the year ahead, or just need something to break up your afternoon, read on!
1. Team Canada beat the Czech Republic!
Go Canada Go! Team Canada has advanced to the semi-finals at the World Juniors, and we can't wait to see what's next for them.
2. The Queen has made a video message just for Canada to celebrate our 150th birthday!
As if she could not be any cuter, thanks girl!
3. You can now receive your free National parks pass!
So adventuring just got a whole lot cheaper for Canadians.
4. The Toronto Star made a pretty hilarious typo, and Toronto won't let them live it down.
A subtitle read "An event for the offspring of mixed-race families shits a chord". LOL Everyone makes mistakes right?!
5. Ontario chain restaurants now have to list calories on their menus.
Which is somewhat devastating, but will hopefully make our country a little more health conscious.
6. The Toronto Sign downtown got an adorable little makeover
With the addition of a cute maple leaf at the end, looking good T.O.!
7. Hamiltonians have stepped in to help bring a Syrian Refugee home to Canada
It seems as though we have some very loving Canadians in Hamilton. A group of neighbours have privately sponsored a 24-year-old man in order for him to join his family in Canada.
8. People in Saskatoon are taking drunk driving a lot more seriously.
This year there has been a large increase in the amount of people who took advantage of operation red nose this new years, which means fewer people were at risk of a drunk driving accident!
9. London Ont. Medical researchers have created a new test for concussions.
This test will make concussion diagnosis exceptionally faster and the test has an accuracy rate of more than 90%!
10. Winterlicious came out with their new restaurant list, and it's awesome.
We are super excited to see some of Toronto's top restaurants making a return, and cannot wait to get our reservations made ASAP.
11. Tory Lanez came out with a new song that reps the Proud Family
And the internet is currently obsessed with it.