What is it about being in a relationship that can suddenly turn the most sane, normal people into crazy, FBI-level stalkers?
While guys can be just as crazy in relationships,
1. "I used to hang out at the subway stop near his house in the hopes of running into him. I would literally chill on the bench on my phone around the time I knew he got off work. I ended up running into him once, and it was so anti-climactic, I knew I had wasted my time. I also had to make up an excuse about why I was in that area, since I didn't actually live anywhere near there. Awkward."
2. "We broke up on bad terms, and I was petty AF.
3. "Okay so this isn't a story of me stalking an ex but of my ex stalking me.
4. "After our breakup, he deleted me and all of my friends on Insta.
5. "For the few weeks after our breakup,
I would regularly get all done up and walk around the Shoppers in his neighbourhood looking fly just in case I ran into him."
6. "This is really embarrassing and desperate of me,
After my ex boyfriend broke up with me,
8. " I would straight up drive by his house once or twice a week, just to check in.
9. "This isn't so much of an ex boyfriend as an ex hookup. In first year university, after breaking up with my high school boyfriend, I made out with this guy who was on my friend's floor. Because he was my first rebound and I was 17, I obviously became obsessed with him. The next night, I came to visit my friend on her floor, hoping to run into him. When I saw him, he totally brushed me off and said he wasn't coming out because he had work to do. Later that night, I drunkenly decided to come back to his room to try to convince him to hang out with me. I don't totally remember what happened next, but I do remember it ended with me spending the night crying sitting in front of his door with him coming out of his room every so often to ask me to leave. Needless to say, we did not hook up again, and I was embarrassed every time I ran into him over the next four years."
10. "I was in "relationship" (I was 15) with a boy I met during summer camp. We had a summer love, and when the summer camp ended, we couldn’t see each other because we lived in different cities. This was back in the days when we didn’t have cell phones, only MSN. But he never reached out on MSN after the summer camp. I started spamming him on Facebook and MSN and he finally blocked me. I knew he was on a forum (I forgot the name but it was a gaming forum) so I created an account, found out his username by like entering 18 combinations in the search bar. I stalked the topic he was writing on and I reached him on the forum asking him why he never talked to me after the summer camp … He blocked me on the forum too (I wonder why). I bumped into him on the TTC 5 years after that and he walked right past me lol."
11. "When my ex and I were going through some shit - he lied about everything - I secretly took his phone and made him a contact on "Find My Friends" then hid the app so he wouldn't find out. Point of this was to see if he would lie about where he was (we did long distance)...so a couple of weeks later he said he just got home and I looked at the app and he was at this sushi restaurant in Etobicoke??(HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN BARRIE)...long story short - I went with a friend - saw he was on a date - and that was that. To this day he still doesn't know how I knew, he thinks I just went to the restaurant to eat. I also forgot about him being a contact on find my friends and only realized he was still there a couple of weeks ago, I then deleted him.
When I was away at uni, my boyfriend and I broke up.
13. Not a boyfriend, but in high school I had the biggest crush ont his guy. One day after school, I got on his bus (which I did not take) and got off at his stop a couple steps behind him. I followed him to his house and watched him walk through the front door. I was debating if I should go ring his doorbell (for what reason I DON'T KNOW... I'm 99% sure he didn't know I existed). Just when I decided to walk up his driveway, I saw him come out to take out the garbage or something and I dove into the bushes on his lawn and hid there for 10 mins. Then once he went inside I just ran away."
14. "This is really bad but a couple months after my ex and I broke up, it dawned on me that I still had his Facebook password. I tried logging into his account and it worked. I used it to check his messages to see if he was talking to girls and looked through his Activity Log to see if he was checking my profile (turns out he was). I would check in on his Facebook regularly for the next two years, just out of curiosity, until he finally changed his password."