So, you’ve been thinking about dating a Canadian girl? First of all, congratulations on your great taste in people! Not only are girls from Canada extremely friendly and passionate individuals, but they also have tough skin and get shit done when need be. Canadians are a special breed of person, and I don’t say that lightly.
Okay, so we have the reputation for being apologetic and sweet as our maple syrup, but don’t be fooled by these (overused) stereotypes. In all seriousness, dating a Canadian is quite similar to the rest of North America, only better. Maybe it’s the abundance of fresh air and natural beauty of the outdoors here that makes everyone and everything seem so intriguing. Either way, you’re guaranteed never to be bored. So go ahead, find your next one-true love Canuck.
1. Canadian girls look undeniably cute in the Canadian tuxedo
This just proves that we’re geniuses for introducing you to denim on denim, and looking amazing while doing it.
2. She likes to spend as much time outdoors as possible
Going on a hike for a first day is super common. She takes advantage of every day in patio season because once the winter comes, all she’ll want to do is cuddle near the fireplace.
3. But don’t underestimate her, she's super tough and can handle all the different seasons
Have you ever walked through -30-degree weather and still look good? We have.
4. She has an adorable accent
Is that right, eh?
5. She is always overly polite and friendly
So, we’re not afraid to say sorry when we’re wrong. Or if you get rejected, we’ll probably apologize about it.
6. This country is exploding in multi-cultural people
There is someone here for everyone! The culture in Canada is diverse, meaning that our personality and values can range from a variety of things, just look around.
7. Canadian girls live a healthy lifestyle
Whole foods and yoga classes are our religion.
8. She knows how to appreciate the finer things in life
She will straight up get excited about smelling freshly cut grass after a long winter.
9. But, she isn’t pretentious about it
She’ll get poutine and burritos every weekend after getting drunk and not whine about it the next day.
10. Canadian girls are not afraid to show their emotions
Just watch her cheering at a Leafs game – that’s right, she actually watches sports too.
11. She knows how to handle a stick
12. Chances are, she’s attracted to your beard
Don’t worry if you forget to shave every once in a while, she likes the lumbersexual look.
13. She's laid-back and not as uptight as our Southern neighbours
Living a high-maintenance lifestyle isn’t an option.
14. Canadian girls get turned on by weird things
Do you have an extra roll up the rim cup from Tim Hortons? We will swoon if you have American Netflix. Oh, and does your family have a cabin in Muskoka? It’s a date!
15. She is probably used to being in a long-distance relationship
Unless she has only lived in the downtown core in any Canadian city, chances are she’s had to commute or deal with distance with a significant other. Lucky for you, distance isn’t an issue and she’ll still be committed 100%.
16. She knows how to laugh at herself every once in a while and doesn’t get hung up on Canadian stereotypes
Oh, you’re a non-Canadian dating a Canadian? Just so you know, we keep our igloos warmed to a perfect -10 degrees and we get our Timbits delivered to us from a sleigh dog every afternoon. And don’t worry – we’ll protect you from the polar bears.
Follow us on Snapchat:narcitytoronto