7 Foods You Must Try At Jollibee When It Opens In Toronto
Jollibee's arrival in Canada has many Filipinos in the community rejoicing in excitement. A restaurant opened in Winnipeg a few months ago, and another is set to open in Mississauga this spring! Dubbed "the McDonalds of the Philippines," Jollibee is known for its unique offerings of Filipino meals with a fast food twist.
READ ALSO: 50 Signs You Grew Up Filipino
For those who have never tried Jollibee before, here are some things you should look out for when you visit the restaurant this Spring 2017:
"Fast food spaghetti" is a definitely thing in the Philippines. Jollibee's version is unique in that the sauce they use is characteristically sweet and loaded with slices of ham, sausages and ground beef. And to top it all off, the dish is topped with lots of cheese!
- Jolly Spaghetti with drink - $5.99
- Jolly Spaghetti, 1 pc crispy chicken and drink - $7.99
- Family pack (serves 3 to 4) - $14.99
Perhaps their most iconic menu item, Jollibee's Chickenjoy is known for its perfectly-seasoned taste and crispy exterior. Often enjoyed with a side of rice or corn, Chickenjoy is sure to get you addicted.
- 2 pc Jolly Crispy Chicken with 1 side and drink - $7.49
- 2 pc Jolly Crispy Chicken with 2 sides and a drink - $8.49
- 3 pc Jolly Crispy Chicken with 1 side and drink - $9.49
- 3 pc Jolly Crispy Chicken with 2 sides and a drink - $10.49
- 6 pc Jolly Crispy Chicken bucket - $13.99
The Big Yum burger features a juicy beef patty with cheese and a special burger dressing inside a soft bun. The dressing is akin to a sweet, creamy mayo and it is used in place of the regular ketchup and mustard.
- Big Yum with fries and a drink - $5.99
The Aloha Yum burger is a unique burger that features, cheese, lettuce, bacon, and pineapple. Yes, pineapple! The burger imparts a particular blend of sweet of sourness that really brings out the taste of the patty.
- Aloha Yum with fries and a drink - $8.49
Palabok is a type of Filipino noodle dish that uses bihon noodles served with pork chicaron bits, tinapa flakes, sauteed pork, shrimp and slices of boiled egg. It is dressed with Jollibee's delicious house palabok sauce.
- Palabok Fiesta with drink - $6.99
- Palabok Fiesta with 1 pc Jolly Crispy Chicken and drink - $8.99
Burger steak is actually a breakfast item at Jollibee. It is a combination of garlic fried rice, fried eggs, and a delicious breakfast steak with gravy.
- 2 pc Burger Steak with 1 side and drink - $6.49
- 2 pc Burger Steak with 2 sides and a drink - $7.49
Peach Mango Pie
Peach mango pie is Jollibee's version of the McDonald's apple pie. Chunks of diced peaches and mango filling are encased in a golden brown, flaky crust.
- Peach Mango Pie - $2.49 each