Attention all Potterheads - Transfigured Town, the highly anticipated Harry Potter festival occurring this fall, will be changing locations.
The festival is being moved to Blyth, which is approximately 20 minutes away from the original location of Goderich. Organizers have confirmed that the event will still take place on October 13 and 15, and that all tickets that were previously sold will still be honoured.
The reason for the move regards the need for a larger space. Blyth, which was initially pegged to be the "Room of Requirement" for the festival, will offer over 40 acres of space for activities like Quidditch games, marketplace sessions, concerts, scavenger hunts and much more.
Initially, fans were concerned that the festival would be cancelled altogether, but after a closed-door discussion by the Goderich town council, organizers announced that the festival would still go on in the new location.
Several exciting events have been confirmed for the festival, including the following:
- Official Quidditch Canada matches for Goderich's Cup,
- Unofficial Quidditch matches for the Marauder's Cup,
- Live performances by The Lovegoods, as well as Tonks and the Aurors,
- Multiple vendors and participating businesses (including a craft wand shop),
- A Poly-Wizard Tournament,
- A House challenge,
- A scavenger hunt,
- Free face painting, and much more!
Unfortunately, tickets sold out earlier this year, but you may still be able to find individuals who are willing to sell their tickets.
For more information, visit the Transfigured Town website.