Canada is blessed with so many beautiful national parks, it's hard to decide which ones to prioritize for a visit during the free admission period this year. Luckily for you, Chatelaine magazine has sifted through all 47 of them across the country to determine which gems are truly the best of the best.
Of the 12 that made their list was Ontario's very own Bruce Peninsula National Park in Tobermory. Its distinct geographical features, including flowerpot-shaped rock formations, massive cliffs, pebble beaches and a hidden grotto, make it a truly interesting destination for exploration and adventure.
Here's what they had to say about it:
Other Canadian national parks that landed on the list include:
- Gros Morne National Park (Newfoundland and Labrador)
- Banff National Park (Alberta)
- Prince Edward Island National Park (PEI)
- Fundy National Park (New Brunswick)
- Pacific Rim National Park Reserve (British Columbia)
- Auyuittuq National Park (Nunavut)
- Cape Breton Highlands National Park (Nova Scotia)
- Wapusk National Park (Manitoba)
- Yoho National Park (British Columbia)
- Sirmilik National Park (Nunavut)
- Forillon National Park (Quebec)
Read Chatelaine's full feature on the best national parks in Canada here.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto