When it comes to visa-free travel, one nation's passport reigns supreme.
According to the Passport Index Global Passport Power Rank 2017, the most powerful passport a traveller can own, for the third year in a row, is Germany's, which has the highest visa-free score (159). Such score is a combination of its visa-free entry (125) and visa-free arrival (34) scores, with the former taking precedence in the ranking.
In comparison to the Canadian passport (which has a visa-free score of 155), the German passport can gain visa-free access to 6 more countries (177 compared to Canada's 171).
Singapore came in a close second, having the same overall visa-free score as Germany (159) but being slightly below in its visa-free entry score (122 compared to Germany's 125).
Alongside Germany and Singapore, the following passports are also stronger than the Canada's and comprise of the top 10 in the world:
3. Sweden – visa-free score: 158
4. Denmark – visa-free score: 157
5. Finland – visa-free score: 157
6. Italy – visa-free score: 157
7. France – visa-free score: 157
8. Spain – visa-free score: 157
9. Norway – visa-free score: 157
10. United Kingdom – visa-free score: 157
Perhaps a dual citizenship application to Germany is in order?