A Toronto Dog Was Stolen After A Man Asked To Pet It Before Picking It Up And Fleeing
When taking your dog out for a walk in downtown Toronto, it's pretty normal for a bystander to ask to pet your furry companion. However, one Toronto dog owner experienced a devastating situation after someone asked to pet his dog, before stealing the dog from his grasp. Tuzik the Yorkshire Terrier is now missing and the Toronto Police are asking anyone with information on this Toronto stolen dog to contact police.
In a press release, Toronto Police state that on Tuesday, June 25 at around 9:30 PM, a seventy-year-old man decided to take his Yorkshire Terrier Tuzik out for a walk in the Wood Street and Church Street area.
As the man was enjoying the walk with his furry friend, a man in his thirties approached the pair and asked if he could pet Tuzik. When the man went to go pet the dog, police reports state that he picked up the dog, unhooked his leash and fled down the street with Tuzik in his arms. The owner of the dog immediately called the police to report the theft.
The suspect that fled with the dog is described as a white male in his early thirties. He has short blonde hair, thin build and is 6'0". He was wearing a light-coloured shirt and dark pants during the time of the incident.
[rebelmouse-image 25938963 photo_credit="Toronto Police " expand=1 original_size="571x696"]
Toronto Police have released photos of Tuzik in hopes that the public will be able to identify the dog and help reunite it with its worried owners.
Toronto Police ask anyone with information to call them at 416-808-5100 or at Crime Stoppers at 416-222-8477.
[rebelmouse-image 25938964 photo_credit="Toronto Police " expand=1 original_size="573x795"]
Sadly, this isn't the first time that dog theft has occurred in Toronto. Last month, it was reported that a dog was stolen from its owner after she fell asleep on the TTC.
The dog's owner was travelling down the Yonge-University line when she fell asleep with her dog, Malachi in her lap. When she awoke several stops later she was alarmed to find that both her dog and her iPad were missing.
Luckily, Malachi was found and reunited with his owner after a woman near the Eaton Centre spotted the dog several hours later.
Hopefully, Tuzik's story will have a similar ending.
- A York Region Man Was Stabbed Over An Argument About His Dog - Narcity ›
- Mississauga Dog Dragged On Its Leash From Moving Vehicle Expected To Make Full Recovery - Narcity ›
- Dog Stolen In Ontario & Police Are Pleading For Its Return - Narcity ›
- Baby Donkey Stolen From An Ontario Farm - Narcity ›
- A Toronto Dog Was Stolen Outside Of A Dollarama & A Man Has Been Charged With Theft - Narcity ›
- Over 40 Pigs Were Stolen From A Barn & OPP Said It Cost The Farmer Around $12K - Narcity ›
- 2 Dogs Were Stolen At Knifepoint In Downtown Toronto & Police Are Investigating - Narcity ›
- A 12-Week-Old Puppy Named Harry Was Reportedly Stolen & Toronto Police Need Help Finding Him - Narcity ›