If you've ever wanted to go to Iceland, now's your chance — Icelandair is offering an affordable vacation package that lets you experience the world-famous Blue Lagoon and Northern Lights in a trip of a lifetime.
The best time to visit Iceland for the hot springs and auroras is from August through to mid-April, which is when the Iceland-based airline will be offering the deal. From August 31, 2018 to January 29, 2019, packages will be on sale for as low as $959 and will include:
- Round-trip flights on Icelandair
- All taxes, fees and fuel surcharges
- Checked bag 23kg (50 lbs) and hand luggage 10kg (22 lbs)
- Three nights (minimum) accommodation at your chosen hotel.
- Breakfast included at selected hotels. Breakfast at Icelandair Hotels and Hilton Reykjavík Nordica available to purchase locally.
- Northern Lights by Boat evening tour (Day 3), including transfers from your hotel or designated pick up point 30 minutes prior to the departure times of 10pm from September 1 - 30 and March 15 - April 15; and 9pm from October 1 - March 14
- Blue Lagoon day tour including admission (Day 4)
The only things not included are any meals and services not mentioned in the itinerary, and Flybus transports between the airport and hotel.
Those who choose to book more than the minimum three nights (up to seven is allowed) will be able to sign up for other tours, including glacier walks and day trips to the Golden Circle.
Iceland has become one of the most popular travel destinations in recent years. The isolated island is known for its glacial landscapes, ancient volcanoes, surging geysers and breathtaking lagoons. The country is perfect for thrill seekers and adventure junkies, but also offers things for those looking for rest and relaxation.
Book your trip with Icelandair today! For more information, visit the Icelandair website here.