14 Super Hipster Foods And Where To Find Them In Boston
Requirements to eat: full beard, large frames, flannel (man bun optional).
You might be thinking...hipster foods? How the hell can food be considered "hipster?" Believe me, it can.
So what makes hipster food, hipster food? Just think about it. You know all those pictures of matcha lattes taking over your Instagram feed, all those videos on Facebook of seemingly normal dishes being smothered in a layer of cheese melting straight off the wheel, the Yelp notifications of 10 new juice bars that opened up down the street? These, my friend, are hipster foods.
Basically anything that's trending... and makes for a pretty picture on social media... can be considered to be a meal of hipster proportions. And Boston's got lots of 'em.
- Happy Lemon Boston (Matcha beverages) // 417 Washington St
- Beard Papa (Matcha Cream Puff) // 31 Harrison Ave, Unit A
- Sip Cafe (Matcha Latte) // 0 Post Office Sq
- Polcari's Coffee // 105 Salem St
- The Well Coffee House // 2 South Station, Suite A6
- Commonwealth Cold Brew Coffee // SOWA, 375 Harrison Ave
- Cinquecento // 500 Harrison Ave
- Mei Mei Street Kitchen // 506 Park Drive
- Gaslight // 560 Harrison Ave
- Blackbird Donuts // 492 Tremont St
- Union Square Donuts // 20 Bow St, Somerville
- Kane's Donuts // Two International Pl, 90 Oliver St
Nice Cream...or non-dairy ice cream
- FoMu // 655 Tremont St
- Veggie Crust // 445 Somerville Ave, Somerville
- J.P. Licks // Multiple Locations
Smoothie & Acai Bowls
- Thirst Juice Co // 44 School St
- The Juicery // 66A Cross St
- Fruitata Organic Juice & Smoothies // 800 Boylston St
Milkshakes on Steroids
- Boston Burger Company // Multiple Locations
Bloody Marys on Crack
- MET Back Bay // 279 Dartmouth Street
- Saltie Girl // 281 Dartmouth St
- Little Donkey // 505 Mass Ave, Cambridge
- Red's Best Seafood // 100 Hanover St