Most people are pretty happy with the normal beer flavors out there, but we would not be humans if we could just leave well enough alone. Thus, a "magically ridiculous" Lucky Charms flavored beer was born and it will taste like the perfect mix of adult privilege and childhood memories.
So who is the brewery wild enough to craft such a magical combination? The Smartmouth Brewing Company in Virginia, of course! The brew is called the Saturday Morning an 6.6% ABV IPA, and is made with a pound of cereal marshmallows along with fruity Calypso hops. The company swears it tastes just like Lucky Charms. The brewery's website says the mixture is “magically ridiculous."
The brew is debuting this Saturday, March 2, and will be available for only a limited time. Unfortunately, the brewery is unable to ship this amazing creation to other states so if you aren't a Virginian then it's time to warm up the engine because you have one chance to enjoy this childhood flavor adult beverage.
"This is a very LIMITED release beer. Draft and cans will be available on Saturday, March 2, beginning at noon at the Norfolk tasting room ONLY. It will be distributed throughout the State of Virginia to limited restaurants, bars and specialty bottle shops. Smartmouth is unable to ship beer to other states," their website explains.
If you are a Virginian or will be making the trip, the brewery has tons of fun childhood-ish activities to go along with the release. To celebrate the release, Smartmouth Brewing will host a “Saturday Morning All Day” event at their Norfolk tasting room and will include:
- Saturday Morning IPA Beer Release – 4-packs in LIMITED SUPPLY – available at 12pm at Norfolk location only.
- Vinnie’s Pizza Truck all day.
- Tower of Games Board Games 2-6p
- Local Heroes comic book stand 2-6p
- Super Smash Bros Play & Tournament 2-6pm
- StarFire Festival Cosplay Contest 4-6pm – Dress up as your favorite Saturday Morning Cartoon OR your favorite superhero!!! Points for being stylish. First prize is 2 tickets to the StarFire Festival. JUDGING is at 6pm.
- Nerd Night Trivia presents a special edition trivia 6-7:30pm
- Live Music by Baby Josy of LADADA with Flamenco Extraordinaire Tom Slay 7:30p-9:30p
More info on the event and the brew can be can be found here.
All hope is not lost however if you can't get to Virginia to celebrate the Lucky Charms beer. There is another brewery in Indiana that is also releasing a cereal beer on March 16:
And it looks just as promising. More information on that can be found here.