11 Things To Do In Vancouver To Celebrate Canada's Big 150
This year we aren't just celebrating Canada Day but Canada is 150! So why not celebrate this big event with some fun activities that are going on in the city.
Check out everything from fireworks, to food festivals to pool parties! There is deffs something for everyone and a special way to celebrate Canada being 150!!!
1. Celebrate Canada Day at Canada Place in a two-day event!
Catch five performance stages with artists like Fefe Dobson, Hey Ocean, Dragonette, and many more plus a fireworks show on July 1. Then, have a pancake breakfast (hello maple syrup) and the Canada150 parade on July 2!
2. Surrey Canada Day with artists like Hedley and Magic!
Check out this free event filled with amazing performances, amusement rides, a zip line and fireworks! All day on July 1 from 10am-10:30pm with fun things for all ages!
3. Head to West Van for the Red and White Picnic at John Lawson Park.
Bring a blanket or a lawn chair and either pack some of your fave foods or pick from a variety of food vendors! Enjoy live entertainment and amazing views of the city from 2pm-10:30pm on July 1.
4. YVR Food Fest - brunch, a BBQ, and live music all in one!
Enjoy a weekend-long celebration with a long table dinner, an outdoor brunch, a BBQ with live music and a street food showdown, featuring over 80 food carts! Check it out in Olympic village from June 29 until July 3.
5. Canada Day Skate in Coquitlam.
Celebrate Canada Day in Coquitlam and skate with friends and family for $2/person on July 1 from 1:30-4:30 pm!
6. Canada Day Afternoon Tea at the Fairmont Hotel.
Enjoy tea, scones, and sandwiches at one of the city's most iconic and historic hotels. Daily sittings at 11am, 1pm, and 3pm and prices range from $40-60 an adult.
7. Canada Day Cook Out - the giant outdoor party with music, food, and beer.
Check out performances from local artists and enjoy local food and beer in Olympic Village on July 1 from 1-8pm.
8. Be fit on Canada Day at run through UBC.
Enjoy running through the trails of Pacific Spirit Park at this 10k, 5k and 1k run. After the run indulge in free hot dogs and a Canada day cake!
9. Canada Day Burrard Inlet Fireworks Show!
Check out the fireworks from Coal Harbour and Stanley Park from 10:30-11pm on July 1! Deffs not going to be something that you want to miss and we suggest going early to get a good spot.
10. Canada Day Pool Party at Drai's Beach Club!
Vancouver's biggest pool party with a rooftop pool deck, DJ and drinks - you are deffs gonna have a good time. Starting at 2pm and $25/person, this is something you're going to want to check out (you'll also get a good insta).
11. Canada Day Boat Party with fireworks, dinner, and entertainment.
Enjoy Canada day on a boat with a DJ, a full dinner, and a view of the fireworks. Pay $70/person (includes fireworks and dinner).