First thing's first. Overall, people in Vancouver are pretty nice. We're pretty easy-going, laid back, and we don't take things too seriously.
But that being said, there are some things that people from outside of Vancouver say that are extremely, extremely annoying to us.
We've either heard it a million times or we already know, and we're over it. Please stop dissing the Canucks and complaining about our weather. Think of new things to say to us please! Kthnxbye.
Vang-couver. VANG-COUVER. Maybe say it a couple more hundred times and you'll get it right.
2. "Let's go Boxing Day shopping at Metro!"
No. Just no.
3. "The Canucks suck."
Not when they're winning they don't.
4. "Vancouver is so boring. There's nothing to do here."
Have you even been on Grouse? Cypress? Mt. Seymour? Gone to Whistler? Garibaldi Lake? Joffres Lake?
5. "You call this cold? This is nothing compared to Calgary/Edmonton/Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal/the rest of Canada."
Okay, fine! The rest of Canada has it a lot worse! But it's not our fault Vancouver hasn't figured out how to function through the snow yet!
6. "But there are so many more opportunities in Toronto."
Uh, okay. But why would I ever want to move to a city with -10 degree weather where there are no mountains to ski or hike and absolutely no ocean view. No thanks.
7. "Telus World of Science"
It's called Science World. SCIENCE WORLD.
8. "Ugh, it always rains in Vancouver."
Okay, yes. This one is totally true.
9. "So everyone here's Asian right?"
10. "Vancouver is soooo expensive."
I know it is!! Stop reminding me!!
11. "Vancouver isn't hardly as expensive as ________."
Okay, maybe but I can hardly afford living here regardless.
12. "Why do you use umbrellas in the snow?"
BECAUSE HAIR! What don't you understand?! I'm not trying to get my hair wet or get hoodie/hat head after I've styled it for 20 minutes.
13. "Let's go out on Granville!"
Oh honey, there are better places to go out.