Once the initial high of moving to the big city wears off, there may be a few teeny, tiny things that begin to annoy you as you turn into a Vancouverite.
I love Vancouver as much as the next person, but if we're all being honest, there are some things that we can all agree are a bit annoying. This doesn't mean that you regret your choice to move to Vancouver. Once you move into the city, there's no other place you would rather be. But if you want to consider yourself a true Vancouverite, then you're bound to agree that these are the most annoying parts of living in the city.
1. The constant drama between drivers and cyclists!
2. Parking prices. On the off chance that you can even find a parking spot, you will definitely pay the price for it.
3. If you're planning to hike Quarry Rock or watch the Gastown Steam Clock, you will end up in a crowd of tourists.
4. Looking for a place to rent in Olympic Village? Good luck, the rent prices are really that high.
5. Rain, all 👏 the👏 time 👏. Last fall, it rained almost every single day for 2 months straight.
6. Being stuck in gridlock because half of downtown is closed off to film Deadpool 2.
7. Getting lost in Stanley Park, at least once.
8. For those of us commuting, the morning rush hour is legitimately a nightmare.
9. Transit problems. Waiting in the pouring rain (for at least a couple of hours) with hundreds of people is always fun.
10. Don't forget that the SkyTrain stops running at 1:30 am. If you're from the suburbs, make sure you're back on the SkyTrain early!
11. Running into celebs like Ryan Reynolds could be fun, but that also means you have to be on point at all times.
12. Paying cover charge, everywhere.
13. Expensive AF drinks. 🍹
14. It's a city made for Instagram. Which means tourists will definitely be a part of your life (whether you like it or not).
15. Trying to partake in classic Vancouver activities like biking the seawall... But you will end up walking your bike because it's so busy!
16. The city was not designed for transit. Everyone wishes we had a subway, but we're stuck with a SkyTrain system that's constantly failing us.
17. Accidentally driving the wrong direction down a one-way street. Don't worry, it happens to all of us.
18. Running into everyone you know. Especially when you need to pop into the store for eggs but you just rolled out of bed and your hair's still in a bun. Yep, that's when you run into your ex. 😅
19. Road rage. You will most likely become one of those angry drivers that everybody talks about.
20. Just missing guest list at your favourite bar and having to wait in a gigantic line. 😒
21. Did I mention transit? The buses are either full or not in service.
22. Summer lasts for about 5 seconds. So, enjoy it while you can!