Summertime is the best time. Not only is the sun out and ready to play, so are you! While you're saving up for your summer vacation to Bora Bora or Hawaii, you're really trying to make every dollar stretch. But that doesn't mean you have to starve yourself or become completely anti-social in order to go on vacay. There are tons of really cheap and affordable activities to do while you're in Vancouver, and they're all actually fun.
From food markets to hikes, pool patios to secret swimming holes, there's something for everyone and it won't cost you more than $10. So here we are, 25 things to do in Vancouver during the summer that are $10 or less.
1. Eat your heart out at the Richmond Night Market
Every weekend starting May 11. Admission is $4.25.
2. Get your fix of Italian food at the Mercato Italian Market
The event starts June 11. Admission is free.
3. Watch the outdoor movies at Stanley Park
Every Tuesday starting July 3. Admission is free though you'll want to go early to snatch up good spots.
4. Hike up the Grouse Grind
Hike is free.
5. Conquer this hellfire Godzilla Ramen Challenge
Challenge runs from May 7 - 9. If you defeat the challenge, the ramen will only cost $5.
6. Go rollerblading around Stanley Park
Rollerblade rentals cost $6 per hour at Bayshore Rentals. Free if you have your own!
7. Take a dip at Norvan Falls
8. Go on an epic doughnut crawl through Vancouver
Doughnut prices will vary, but approximately $5 per doughnut. This will also depend on how many doughnuts you eat...
9. Eat your way around the Shipyard's Night Market
Every Friday night starting until September 28. Admission is free.
10. Take salsa dance classes at Robson Square
Every Sunday starting July 8. Classes are free!
11. Go for a romantic night watching the Celebration of Lights at English Bay
Starts on July 28. Free are free!
12. Go for Happy Hour oysters at Ebisu
Happy Hour oysters are $1.25 each.
13. Take a stroll around Granville Island
14. Go on a day trip to Joffre Lake
15. Check out Vancouver Mural Fest
Festival lasts from August 6 to 11 and is totally free.
16. Go on the most epic ice cream crawl in Vancouver
Ice cream prices will vary. Approximately $6 per ice cream.
17. Shoot some hoops at this basketball alleyway
Free! Bring your own basketball.
18. Go for a cute picnic date at Jericho Beach
Free! Bring your own food.
19. Get your caffeine fix and go coffee shop hopping
Coffee prices will vary, about $5 per coffee.
20. Check out some arts at the Vancouver Art Gallery on Tuesdays
Open every Tuesday by donation.
21. Get your taco fix at The Pawn Shop
Happy Hour tacos are only $1 daily, and tequila shots are only $3.
22. Hit up some ping pong at Back and Forth bar
Only $10 per hour ping pong game every Sunday and Tuesday,
23. Grab your floaties and hit up Kits Pool
Open starting May 19. Admission is $6.
24. Check out a comedy show at Comedy Mix
Tuesday ProAm nights are $8 per ticket.
25. Go for a patio pool dip at the Westin Grand Pop Up Patio
Open every Thursday and Friday 3:30 - 7 PM starting the last week of May. Drinks start at $8.