An intensely scary and tragic kidnapping happened in Winnipeg this past summer, and now three months later, two Winnipeg men have been charged with multiple criminal offences including kidnapping, robbery, possession of a weapon, forcible confinement and more.
Back on June 8, 2018, a 32-year-old man in Winnipeg was not only kidnapped and assaulted but forced into a series of life-threatening events. He was robbed, beaten and forced to breathe meth, said the Winnipeg police, according to Global News.
He had been walking close to Sargent Avenue and Victor Street in Winnipeg when he got kidnapped and pulled into a van. The Winnipeg man was assaulted and robbed. Afterwards, the kidnappers took him to a house in Spence Street.
They tied him to a chair and threatened to breathe meth at knife point, the police told Global News. But it didn't stop there – he was also burned with cigarettes and forced at gunpoint to give them his banking information.
The victim escaped in the morning when the suspects left the house. Fortunately, he survived the incident and was released from the hospital after being treated.
Two Winnipeg men have been charged for this incident: Boniface John Mason, a 20-year-old and Preston Anthony Kakegamic, a 29-year-old. Police were able to find them through video surveillance. The suspects now face numerous charges.
Over half of those tickets were given to people who hosted indoor and outdoor gatherings and another nine tickets were given to those who failed to self-isolate when they were supposed to. These tickets came out to $1,296 each.
An additional 12 tickets of nearly $300 each were given to people who weren't wearing their masks while indoors in public places.
In April, the investigation led to the delivery driver's home in Mynarski and they found an astounding 100 stolen items.
Those items accounted for an additional $30,000 in stolen packages.
"A 58-year adult male of Winnipeg was charged with one global charge of Theft from Mail (encompassing 46 events) and released on an Appearance Notice," read the news release, saying that more charges might come down the line.