Heineken Contest - Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign sponsored by Heineken is open only to individuals who sign up at https://www.narcity.com/you-can-join-in-the-hype-for-the-canadian-grand-prix-with-heineken-s-epic-giveaway and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Canada excluding Quebec and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Narcity Media Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers (collectively, the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You” or “Your”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Narcity Media Inc. as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 17 2022 at 9:00 a.m. ET and ending July 15th 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET. All online entries must be received by July 15, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.narcity.com/you-can-join-in-the-hype-for-the-canadian-grand-prix-with-heineken-s-epic-giveaway. All fields must be duly completed to be eligible to win a prize. The selected entrants must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to claim their prize. You may earn a maximum of one (1) additional Entry in the Contest as follows: When completing Your Entry Form, select to opt-in to receive more information from the Sponsor, including the latest vehicle information and special offers. You will then be eligible to receive one (1) additional Entry into the Contest. Limit of one (1) additional opt-in Entry is permitted per person in the Contest. The maximum total number of Entries permitted per person in the Contest is two (2) (regardless of the method of entry). Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Narcity Media Inc.. You may enter only once. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, Your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Narcity Media Inc.
5. Prizes: The two Winners of the Campaign (individually, the “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”) will receive one of two prizes worth $5000 CAD, for a total value of $10000 CAD. There will be two (2) Winners and two (2) prizes, each valued at $5000 CAD. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. Each prize will include the following: one temporary at-home pit wall viewing experience. Winners can select the pit wall for a race of their choice, limited to races that happen within the 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. ET time frame. Winners will need to be able to provide a space of roughly 2.44 meters high by 1.83 meters long by 1.83 meters wide (i.e. 8’ H x 6’ L x 6’ W) for the pit wall within their house. A Wi-Fi connection will be required. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Narcity Media Inc.. Cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted at Narcity Media Inc.’s sole discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Narcity Media Inc. to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law. The prize will be expedited to Winner via delivery.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected at random by Narcity Media Inc.. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Narcity Media Inc. shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT NARCITY MEDIA INC.‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g. photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Narcity Media Inc., anyone acting on behalf of Narcity Media Inc., and Narcity Media Inc.’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, Your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, provincial ments about the Campaign, including biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Narcity Media Inc.. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Narcity Media Inc. from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Narcity Media Inc. may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Narcity Media Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Narcity Media Inc.’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such a case, Narcity Media Inc. may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the decision or action taken by Narcity Media Inc.. Narcity Media Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Narcity Media Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Narcity Media Inc. reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Narcity Media Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) Your participation in the Campaign and/or Your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries. Winner(s) will be liable for any damage to the pit wall while in the possession of the Winner(s), including but not limited to damage of tablets or structure.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Narcity Media Inc. AND ONTARIO, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participants agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Canada having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. With respect to the laws of Ontario that apply, that they will apply unless the laws of another province or territory are of public policy. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of publicity may be submitted to the Régie des Alcools, des Courses et des Jeux for ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach settlement.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Narcity Media Inc. Inc., 218-147 Liberty St, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6K 3G3. Requests must be received no later than July 15, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Heineken.