There are hundreds of noteworthy restaurants in Vancouver and many are beloved by locals, but a handful of them have proven to be so good that they've won international attention.
La Liste, a France-based food guide, shared the world's top 1,000 restaurants for 2024 and many Canadian restaurants scored a spot on the list.
The list is filled with some of the best restaurants all over the world, including Europe, Asia and North America, including 19 in the Great White North.
Four of the 19 Canadian restaurants mentioned in the list are in Vancouver.
La Liste is "based on the compilation of thousands of publications, hundreds of guidebooks, and millions of online reviews," they state on their website. They go through a rigorous process to curate the world's top 1,000 restaurant list.
The rankings are based on an eight-step process that collects reviews from customers and over 1,000 guidebooks and trusted publications. Each source is given a different weight in the process to come up with the "La Liste score" for each restaurant.
Here are the four Vancouver restaurants that were recognized in the latest report, alongwith their La Liste scores:
- Published on Main — 82.50%
- Hawksworth — 80.00%
- St. Lawrence — can 80.00%
- L'Abattoir — 78.50%
The broader Canadian list includes entries from Alberta, Quebec and Ontario. They are as follows:
- Alo — Toronto, ON — 96.50%
- Edulis — Toronto, ON — 96.00%
- Langdon Hall Dining Room & Terrace — Cambridge, ON — 90.50%
- Don Alfonso 1890 — Toronto, ON — 83.50%
- Canoe Restaurant and Bar — Toronto, ON — 80.00%
- Mon Lapin — Montreal, QC — 80.00%
- Toqué! — Montreal, QC —78.50%
- Osteria Giulia — Toronto, ON — 77.50%
- Scaramouche — Toronto, ON — 77%
- Pearl Morissette — Lincoln, ON — 77.00%
- Eden - The Rimrock Resort — Banff, AB — 76.50%
- Joe Beef — Montreal, QC — 76.50%
- The River Cafe — Calgary, AB — 76.00%
- Le Mousso — Montreal, QC — 75.00%
- Buca Osteria & Bar — Toronto, ON — 75.00%
Vancouver's food scene has become so popular that the Michelin Guide was introduced to the city in 2022. They have given star recognition to various spots, including Published on Main and St. Lawrence, that were also mentioned in La Liste's 2024 ranking.
It's never been a better time to eat out in Vancouver!