Luckily for you, we've compiled a need-to-know list of what'll be open and closed on September 5, and all you have to do is scroll down to avoid awkward embarrassment.
Loblaws: Varies by location, but holiday hours are posted for each store on their website.
Longos: The following locations will be open on Labour Day from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m, and all others will be closed:
- Aurora (Aurora, ON)
- Green Lane (East Gwillimbury, ON)
- Bathurst (Maple, ON)
- Maple (Maple, ON)
- Boxgrove (Markham, ON)
- Markham (Markham, ON)
- York Mills (North York, ON)
- Richmond Hill (Richmond Hill, ON)
- Imperial Plaza (Toronto, ON)
- Liberty Village (Toronto, ON)
- Maple Leaf Square (Toronto, ON)
- Bayview (Thornhill, ON)
- Stouffville (Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON)
- Rutherford (Woodbridge, ON)
- Weston (Woodbridge, ON)
Rabba: All locations are open 24/7.
No Frills: Varies by location, but holiday hours are posted for each store on their website.
Farm Boy: All locations will be closed with the exception of:
- Kingston (Kingston, ON) — 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Newmarket (Newmarket, ON) — 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Bronte (Oakville, ON) — 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Rideau (Ottawa, ON)— 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Yonge and Silver Maple (Richmond Hill, ON) — 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- College and Bay (Toronto, ON) — 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Harbourfront (Toronto, ON) — 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Beer Store: 75 locations across the province will be open for business. The sites will operate from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., with one exception, in Leamington, closing at 5 p.m. Holiday hours are posted on their website.
CF Eaton Centre: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Square One Shopping Centre: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Scarborough Town Centre: Closed
CF Rideau Centre: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Bramalea City Centre: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Vaughan Mills: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
CF Markville: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Upper Canada Mall: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Devonshire Mall: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Toronto Premium Outlets: 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Outlet Collection at Niagara: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Canada Post: Closed.
Banks: Most banks will be closed.
Toronto Public Library: Closed. Sorry book worms.
Toronto Public Service: Select services and facilities will remain open.
TTC: The transit service will operate on the Sunday service schedule and start at 6 a.m.
Things to do
Canada's Wonderland: The park will be open for business as usual, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
AGO: You can view stunning art installations from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Toronto Zoo: You can visit your favourite animals from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Ripley's Aquarium of Canada: The popular tourist spot will be open from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.