Sign in

An Ontario pub isn't taking Doug Ford's decision to keep restaurants closed lightly — in fact, it's sending him a bill.

The Nelson Street Pub, located in Pembroke, Ontario, called on the provincial government to reopen patios while revealing an invoice addressed to the premier.

Editor's Choice: 5 Ontarians Were Charged For Riding In A Car Together During The Stay-At-Home Order

The bill, which is a whopping $5,023, was supposedly racked up after the bar installed 12 kegs, which will now go stale from not being used. 

"If people are able to be outdoors now for playgrounds, with distancing, why can’t they sit 2 meters apart outdoors, at a restaurant, that has always had enhanced sanitary measures. So we can at least sell our beer, sell our food, instead of throwing it out of letting it go to waste," the pub told Narcity in a statement.  

This isn't the first spot to speak out after Ford announced restaurant closures. A Toronto restaurant, Antler Kitchen & Bar, also sent Ford an invoice for spoiled beer. 

We Asked A Bartender To Grade Trudeau's Beer-Pouring Form & There's 'Room For Improvement'

Trudeau has been hitting the bars on the campaign trail, but he's got a bit to learn yet.

The visit to the bar is a classic tool for any politician. Barack Obama has done it, Hillary Clinton has done it, and Trudeau has done it multiple times (and once with Obama, too!).

With a federal election just weeks away, Trudeau took the time to visit Hawthorne Beer Market & Bistro, a pub in Surrey, B.C. on Wednesday, August 18, and he even took a couple of orders and poured a few beers.

Keep Reading Show less

As Premier Doug Ford continues to urge residents to get vaccinated so Ontario can finally move out of step three of the provincial reopening plan, his daughter Krista Ford Haynes has taken to her Instagram account to share her thoughts on COVID-19 vaccines.

"This is what I got in the mail today, so I'm going to read it to y'all," Premier Ford's eldest daughter said in the video before she flashed the informational COVID-19 flyer to the camera.

Keep Reading Show less

Ontario is set to enter the final phase of its three-step reopening plan on July 21, but what happens beyond step three is still TBD.

Premier Doug Ford was asked about the province's plans during a news conference on Monday, and he said that the details will be unveiled over the next few weeks.

Keep Reading Show less

Ontario Doctors Are Slamming Ford's COVID-19 Restrictions & Say More Needs To Be Done

Doctors are saying restrictions are "deliberately harmful" and "criminal."

Ontario doctors are now challenging the Ford government's latest stay-at-home orders.

Last week, Doug Ford announced that the stay-at-home order would be extended for an additional two weeks, and more restrictions, such as increased enforcement and the shuttering of golf courses would be put in place. 

Keep Reading Show less