Ontario's Finance Minister Rod Phillips is under fire from the premier after news broke that the minister was on vacation despite the province telling people to avoid travel.
In a statement released on Tuesday night, Ontario Premier Doug Ford said he was "extremely disappointed" in Phillips.
Editor's Choice: Here's When You Can Get Your COVID-19 Vaccine In Ontario
I have also told the minister I need him back in the country immediately.
"I have let the minister know that his decision to travel is completely unacceptable and that it will not be tolerated again," Ford wrote, "by him or any member of our cabinet and caucus."
Earlier on Tuesday, news broke that Ontario's Finance Minister Rod Phillips had left on holiday with his wife in early December.
At that time, Premier Ford was actively telling people to stay home and avoid non-essential travel.
"Had I been aware then of the eventual December 26th Province-wide shutdown, we would have cancelled the trip," said Minister Phillips in a statement.
He confirmed that he would be out of the country as of Tuesday, but it looks like his trip might be cut short.
"The only way we will beat COVID-19 is by following the advice provided by our public health experts. Public officials are no exception," wrote Doug Ford.