EN - News

Atlanta's Unbearable Heat & Humidity Is Making A Comeback This Week

Break out the shorts, it's gonna be as hot as the Amazon Rainforest!

Georgia summers can be seriously spicy and finding a pool or a lake to cool down in is usually a necessity. Spending time outside and getting your tan on is easy in the Peach State, but sometimes you might just feel like you're in the Amazon with the mix of humidity and high temps. Atlanta's weather forecast calls for higher temperatures and rainfall this upcoming week, with conditions comparable to the Amazon Rainforest.

The Weather Channel reports that Atlanta nights will have lows in the 60s, but during the day, temps are expected to soap up to the high 80s and low 90s for the next week, with nine days of predicted thunderstorms.

Starting Tuesday, June 23 and for the next 10 days, there's a 40% to 80% chance of rain every single day except for Saturday, June 27, which drops to a 20% chance for rainfall.

Looks like your lake days and nature escapes might have to be put on the back burner for now.

The Weather Channel

Looking at the Amazon Rainforest in Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil, you'll see a very similar forecast. The temperatures range from the mid-to-high 80s every day, with a total of 12 rainy days. 

Who said you had to travel thousands of miles to have a tropical experience this summer? Georgia's weather can give you those rainforest vibes.

The Weather Channel

When it comes to humidity, Georgia is no newbie. Humidity levels in Atlanta are expected to range between 54% and 82% over the next 10 days.

In comparison, the Amazon does beat the Peach State, but not by too much. Their humidity levels are predicted to be as low as 68% and as high as 94% daily.

This hot weather in Georgia comes after a wave of cool weather days. Some days had temperatures hovering in the mid-60s and 70s after several thunderstorms and hail storms.

The first official weekend of summer is coming up this weekend, and the temperatures are here to celebrate that. This is just the beginning of the burning heat of Georgia's summer season.

Time to break out those shorts and tanks, y'all!