The federal government confirmed that Canada's hotel quarantine restrictions have been extended until June 21, 2021.
On May 21, the feds revealed that Canada's borders will remain closed to all non-essential international travel and all current restrictions will remain in place.
(1/3) Attention: All testing and quarantine measures for those arriving to Canada by have been extended until June… https://t.co/kJYbPs3ITk— Health Canada and PHAC (@Health Canada and PHAC) 1622037940.0
This includes COVID-19 testing before and after arriving in Canada, mandatory hotel quarantine for air travellers and 14-days of quarantine for all non-essential visitors.
"Current data shows that Canada's pre-arrival, on-arrival, and post-arrival testing requirements, as well as mandatory hotel stay for air travellers, are working," the feds explained in a statement.
The notice added that Canada's travel policies will continue to "evolve" based on the most up-to-date science, evidence and knowledge related to COVID-19.
- Canada's Quarantine Hotels Are Being Avoided By Some Travellers ... ›
- Quarantine Hotels In Canada Are Pretty Different To Other Countries ... ›
- Canada's Hotel Quarantine Leads To US Taxi Business Boom ... ›
- Canada's Hotel Quarantine Fines Were Just Boosted To $5K - Narcity ›
- Justin Trudeau's Quarantine Experience Is Different & Here's Why - Narcity ›