Ontario has plenty of great green to go around.
To some of us, summer means hitting up the local green at every opportunity, and what better way to do so than at these stellar Ontario golf courses.
According to ScoreGolf, a Canadian-based golf course guide, the province currently holds multiple spots on its list of the top 20 best courses in the country, including one in the top 10.
The top-ranking Ontario course is the Muskoka Bay Club in Gravenhurst which is ranked seventh in the county and boasted as an "architectural masterpiece" with a near-perfect front nine and challenging back nine.
Another notable contender is the Rocky Crest Golf Club in Mactier, which is ranked 13th nationwide and is known for routing its holes "around and over rocky outcroppings."
The website states that each course is rated by at least seven SCOREGolf panellists before being ranked.
The top golf courses in Ontario are as follows:
- Muskoka Bay in Gravenhurt, ON
- Rocky Crest in Mactier, ON
- TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley (Hoot) in Caledon, ON
- Eagles Nest in Maple, ON
- TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley (North) in Caledon, ON
- Black Bear Ridge in Belleville, ON
- TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley (Heathlands) in Caledon, ON