Toronto Vaccine Clinic Erupts In Cheers After Record-Breaking 10K Doses Given In 1 Day
The clinic's milestone got a special shoutout from Trudeau!
History was made at a COVID-19 vaccine clinic in East York as it set Canada's record for most doses administered at one location in a single day.
The Thorncliffe Park Community Hub clinic administered 10,470 vaccine doses on Sunday, May 16, Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) announced on Twitter. Michael Garron Hospital shared photos of the clinic on Monday, which even had a live DJ to keep the energy high.
CBC Toronto shared a video capturing the cheers and celebrations that ensued when the clinic reached its 10,000-dose milestone — according to TEHN, the Thorncliffe Park clinic is made up of 108 volunteers, 74 pharmacy staff, 65 vaccinators, 55 registration clerks and dozens of other team members.
Prime Minister Trudeau tweeted his congratulations to the clinic, saying, "This is exactly the kind of determination and teamwork it's going to take to beat this virus. A big thank you to everyone who helped make it happen."
- How Many Canadians Have Been Vaccinated? 41% Have A First ... ›
- Toronto COVID-19 Vaccine Drive Will Open 19K Appointments This Weekend - Narcity ›
- Toronto Vaccine Day At Scotiabank Arena Is Breaking Records - Narcity ›
- Toronto Vaccine Day Will Be Handing Out Free Raptors & Leafs Tickets - Narcity ›
- Scotiabank Arena COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Is Set To Break World Record - Narcity ›
- Toronto Scotiabank Arena Vaccine Clinic Broke Records With Nearly 27K Doses - Narcity ›
- Toronto Vaccine Clinics Are Closing & Here's Where To Get A Dose - Narcity ›