On Wednesday, Doug Ford announced that all of Ontario will enter a stay-at-home order as of April 8 at 12:01 a.m.
While multiple retailers and shops are being forced to close, some things will still remain opened under this order.
Non-essential retailers, including shopping malls, will only be able to open for both delivery and curbside pickup.
Outdoor garden centres, plant nurseries and indoor greenhouses will also be able to operate at 25 percent capacity and restricted hours.
However, some spots are able to welcome customers for in-person shopping as long as they make an appointment first.
What stores are currently taking appointments for in-person shopping?
Currently, there is a handful of spots that are allowing residents to shop in person as long as they book an appointment in advance.
The list includes:
- Safety supply stores;
- Businesses that primarily sell, rent or repair assistive devices, aids or supplies, mobility devices, aids or supplies or medical devices, aids or supplies;
- Rental and leasing services including automobile, commercial and light industrial machinery and equipment rental;
- Optical stores that sell prescription eye wear to the public;
- Businesses that sell motor vehicles, boats and other watercraft;
- Vehicle and equipment repair and essential maintenance and vehicle and equipment rental services; and
- Retail stores operated by a telecommunications provider or service, which may only permit members of the public to enter the premises to purchase a cellphone or for repairs or technical support.
It's worth noting that big box stores can still offer in-person shopping, but customers can only purchase essentials such as groceries and other household supplies.
What else can you do under Ontario's stay-at-home order?
According to the province, all residents must stay at home unless they need to make an essential trip.
Some things that are considered essential include going grocery shopping, attending a medical appointment or going to work.
Residents are also able to go to school, work, or exercise outside during this order.