Starting Friday, Walmarts in Ontario will be able to administer the COVID-19 vaccine.
According to a release issued by Walmart Canada, 11 locations across the province will begin vaccinating residents aged 60-64 years old.
The participating Walmart locations are as follows:
- Scarborough, 1900 Eglinton Ave E.
- Scarborough – Morningside, 799 Milner Ave.
- Scarborough Northeast, 5995 Steeles Ave E.
- Toronto-Stockyards, 2525 St. Clair Ave W.
- Toronto-Agincourt, 3850 Sheppard Ave E.
- South Windsor, 3120 Dougall Rd.
- East Windsor, 7100 Tecumseh Rd E.
- Leamington, 288 Erie St.
- Amherstburg, 400 Sandwich St.
- Kingston, 1130 Midland Ave.
The company says it has increased its refrigeration capacity to prepare for the rollout, and has also "purchased a number of ultra-cold freezers to assist with the storage and handling of some vaccine formulas."
This week, multiple pharmacies across Toronto began administering AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines as part of Ontario's new pilot program aimed at vaccinating residents between