The PM said details will be released "in the weeks to come."👇
Justin Trudeau has revealed that travel restrictions in Canada will be eased for fully vaccinated Canadians first, with an official announcement expected "in the weeks to come."
Speaking during a press conference on June 8, the PM acknowledged "how eager people are to put the pandemic behind us and be able to travel once again."
Noting that the number of COVID-19 cases in Canada continues to drop and that the situation is "improving tremendously," Trudeau confirmed that an update on Canada's travel rules is coming.
"We'll have more announcements to make on measures that may be eased for those who've had both doses in the weeks to come," he told reporters on Tuesday.
"We need people to get the full two doses of their vaccines and that's why easing of restrictions will be focused on Canadians who are fully vaccinated," he added.
Trudeau's comments come as the feds face an increased number of calls to lift restrictions at Canada's international borders.
The government's expert COVID-19 advisory panel recommended scrapping mandatory hotel quarantine, while Canadian airlines and tourism companies are calling for a clearer plan for restarting travel in Canada.
- Canada's Travel Restrictions Are 'Working' Against COVID-19 & This ... ›
- Canada's Travel Restrictions Should Be Updated Says Travel ... ›
- Canada's Expert COVID-19 Panel Wants Some Travel Restrictions ... ›
- Canada's Travel Restrictions For Tourists Are ‘Not Changing Yet’ - Narcity ›
- When Will Canada Be Fully Vaccinated? Top Docs Say Sooner Than Expected - Narcity ›
- Fully Vaccinated Canadians Shouldn't Rush To Book A Vacation & Here's Why - Narcity ›
- Changes To Canada's Travel Restrictions: Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›
- Lying About Vaccination Status In Canada Could Result In $750K Fines - Narcity ›
- How To Use The ArriveCAN App: Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›