Travel Companies Are Begging The Feds To Scrap Hotel Quarantine & Other Rules ASAP
Here's what they're asking for.👇
Some of the country's biggest travel and tourism companies are calling on the federal government to introduce a plan for ending Canada's travel restrictions ASAP.
On June 1, the Canadian Travel and Tourism Roundtable shared a notice with the feds, urging them to "provide clear, timely, and safe guidance on reopening travel and reuniting families and friends."
Along with @timetotravelca, we join the chorus of voices urging the federal government to implement the recommendations of the Expert Panel's science-based policies for safe restart. @WestJet and all aviation will lead the return of travel and tourism and Canada's recovery.https://twitter.com/timetotravelca/status/1399752213740888065\u00a0\u2026— WestJet News (@WestJet News) 1622567739
The multi-member group begged Justin Trudeau to consider scrapping restrictions like hotel quarantine and pre-departure COVID-19 testing for fully vaccinated travellers, in addition to reducing the quarantine period for partially vaccinated travellers.
They also want the government to amend border measures in stages and implement a system to validate proof of vaccination for all arriving visitors.
"Just as it was important to quickly put in place measures to protect the health and safety of Canadians at the start of the pandemic, it is of equal importance to remove restrictions that are no longer necessary," their notice reads.
The group's members include big businesses in the industry in Canada, including Air Canada, WestJet, the Association of Canadian Travel Agents (ACTA), the Canadian Airports Council (CAC), Hilton Hotels Canada, TicketMaster, and the International Air Transport Association (IATA), among others.
- Canada's Travel Rules Have Had A Major Update & Here's ... ›
- Canada's Travel Rules Are 'Very Clear' & No One Should Be Abroad ... ›
- Travel Restrictions In Canada Will End For Fully Vaccinated People First - Narcity ›
- Canada Travel Restrictions: Some Set To End But Not For Everyone - Narcity ›
- Canada Travel Restrictions: New Travel Measures For ‘Fully-Vaccinated Canadians’ Coming Monday - Narcity ›
- 5 Wild COVID Travel Stories We Can LOL About Now That Global Restrictions Are Easing - Narcity ›