Canada's Hotel Quarantine Is Set To Be Scrapped But Only For Fully Vaccinated Canadians
Fully-vaccinated Canadians won't have to quarantine for two weeks, either!
The federal government is set to announce a series of changes to Canada's travel restrictions, but the updated rules will only impact Canadians who've been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
From July, fully-vaccinated Canadians returning home will no longer be required to complete a mandatory two-week quarantine or stay in a government-approved hotel, according to reports from CTV News and Global News.
Instead of completing fourteen days in isolation, they will be able to take a singular COVID-19 test upon arrival in Canada and remain in quarantine until it comes back negative.
Fully-vaccinated Canadian air travellers will also be permitted to totally skip three days of mandatory quarantine in a government-approved hotel.
The relaxed restrictions are expected to apply to Canadian citizens and permanent residents only, providing they've received two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
This latest update follows the advice of the federal government's COVID-19 expert advisory panel, which suggested last month that certain travel restrictions should be scrapped.
Airlines and tourism companies in Canada have also been calling on the feds to introduce a plan for restarting travel, including easing some border measures.
An official announcement is expected on Wednesday.
- Canada's Travel Rules: Are Vacations Possible This Summer ... ›
- Canada's Travel Restrictions Should Be Updated Says Travel ... ›
- Canada's Expert COVID-19 Panel Wants Some Travel Restrictions ... ›
- Canada's Travel Rules For Fully-Vaccinated Travellers: Here's Who Qualifies - Narcity ›
- Canadian Airports Will Have A Different Setup For Vaccinated Travellers - Narcity ›
- Fully Vaccinated Americans Still Can't Come To Canada & This Is Why - Narcity ›
- Canada's Travel Restrictions Are Changing Again & This Update Will Affect Almost Everyone - Narcity ›
- 5 Wild COVID Travel Stories We Can LOL About Now That Global Restrictions Are Easing - Narcity ›