Here's Exactly Who Can Skip Quarantine & Hotel Mandates When Arriving In Canada
The new rules will kick off on July 5.👇
On June 21, the federal government announced updates to Canada's travel rules for fully vaccinated travellers who are permitted to enter the country.
Starting on July 5, eligible travellers will be able to skip the two-week quarantine period, as well as the mandatory hotel stay and the day-eight, post-arrival COVID-19 test.
This will apply to "fully vaccinated travellers who are permitted to enter Canada," which refers to Canadian citizens and permanent residents and people registered under the Indian Act.
It will also impact fully vaccinated foreign nationals who are already eligible to enter Canada under the current measures, including those visiting for essential purposes.
To be considered "fully vaccinated," an individual must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine — or a combination of vaccines — approved by Health Canada.
This includes the COVID-19 vaccines manufactured by Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson).
Travellers may have received their vaccine in another country, but they must still provide proof of their vaccination status in English or French, or with a certified translation.
What about Canadians who are not fully vaccinated?
Canada's border measures have not changed for people who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, even if they meet all other aspects of the criteria.
Those who are yet to receive the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine must continue to adhere to the current testing and federal quarantine requirements, including the mandatory hotel stay for air travellers and the 14-day quarantine period.
- Some Canada Travel Restrictions Set To End But Not For Everyone ... ›
- Changes To Canada's Travel Rules Will Impact Fully-Vaccinated ... ›
- Changes To Canada's Travel Restrictions: Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›
- Canada's New Travel Restrictions Are P*ssing Off Businesses Already - Narcity ›
- Fully Vaccinated Canadians Shouldn't Go Abroad Yet & Here's Why - Narcity ›
- Phuket Sandbox Program Is Open To Fully Vaccinated Canadians - Narcity ›