Canada Is Gearing Up To Announce Travel Measures For ‘Fully Vaccinated Canadians’ & Others
The government has been working on travel measures for vaccinated Canadians.
On Friday, June 18, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Bill Blair said that the government will be making an announcement regarding international travel on Monday.
This announcement will pertain specifically to "fully vaccinated Canadians, Permanent Residents, and others who are currently permitted to enter Canada," he wrote.
As we have said, the government is planning measures for fully vaccinated Canadians, Permanent Residents, and other… https://t.co/kvfDJICUds— Bill Blair (@Bill Blair) 1624024852.0
During a press conference on Thursday, Ontario Solicitor General Sylvia Jones said that "Premier Ford is working this week with federal, provincial and territorial leaders to make sure we have a consistent approach in how we reopen the borders safely and that will include discussions about which vaccines, whether they have to be one dose, two-dose, will continue."
Jones continued to say that officials will "make sure that individuals who received a Health Canada, NACI-approved AstraZeneca will have the same rights as other individuals who received other vaccines."
Details regarding international travel for fully vaccinated Canadians will be unveiled on Monday, June 21.
- Canada's Travel Restrictions Should Be Updated Says Travel ... ›
- Canada's Travel Rules Change On July 5 & Here Are The Details - Narcity ›
- Non-Essential Travel In Canada Includes Social Events & Tourism - Narcity ›
- I Just Flew From Toronto To California & Here's How COVID Restrictions Compare - Narcity ›
- Here's How To Avoid Getting Caught Up In Changing COVID Restrictions While Travelling ›