Here's everything you need to know.👇
Get ready, world! Canada's international border restrictions are set to be eased for fully vaccinated travellers from September 7, 2021.
In an announcement on Monday, the Canadian government introduced a plan to restart travel, which includes welcoming fully vaccinated tourists back into the country.
Per the update, international travellers who've received a full course of COVID-19 vaccines (approved by the Government of Canada) will be able to enter without quarantining.
Travellers must have received the full course of their vaccine at least 14 days prior to entering Canada.
They will be required to take a pre-entry COVID-19 test and submit their details via ArriveCAN, but a government-approved hotel stopover will no longer be necessary.
As part of this plan, five more Canadian airports will resume international flights, in addition to Montréal-Trudeau, Toronto Pearson, Calgary and Vancouver Airport.
The airports given the go-ahead as of August 9 are: Halifax Stanfield, Jean Lesage International Airport, Ottawa Macdonald–Cartier, Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson Airport and Edmonton Airport.
Federal officials in Canada have also confirmed that fully vaccinated American citizens and permanent residents will be able to visit for discretionary purposes from August 9, 2021.
It's worth noting that this plan will only go ahead if the COVID-19 situation in Canada remains "favourable."
Before you get going, check our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
- Canada's Travel Rules Were Ignored By A Trio Of Skunks & The ... ›
- Canada's Border Restrictions Are Being Ignored By Some Animals ... ›
- Canada's New Travel Restrictions Are Causing Confusion Already ... ›
- Canada's Airports Are Set To Get A ‘Border Testing Surveillance Program’ - Narcity ›
- Canada's Travel Restrictions Were Updated & Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›
- Canada-US Border: US Will Keep Land Border Shut Until August 21 - Narcity ›
- Travel Insurance In Canada: Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›
- UK's New Travel Restrictions Don't Let Canadians Skip Quarantine - Narcity ›